Movement after attack

Barak

Emperor
Sometimes when I am using a single move unit (maceman, archer, praetorian) and am attacking a unit of a civ with which I am at war, I am allowed to move my unit back to my city after victory. While sometimes I am not.

Is this a feature of the game that I am not aware of?

If your attack is along a (friendly) road, it will only use 1/2 (or 1/3 later on) movement point. Basically, an attack on a location takes as many movement points as an unopposed move to that location would have taken.

did you verify if your on your roads? Unlike civ3 attacking along a road that you can use doesnt use all your remaining road movements. It uses just a road movements worth. Im also pretty sure the same apply to rails. Attacking along a rail uses just a rail movements worth (1 of your 10 moves). Though i have a really sure confidence of the road thing and only a somewhat positive confidence on the rail thing.

haard said:
If your attack is along a (friendly) road, it will only use 1/2 (or 1/3 later on) movement point. Basically, an attack on a location takes as many movement points as an unopposed move to that location would have taken.

jeremiahrounds said:
did you verify if your on your roads? Unlike civ3 attacking along a road that you can use doesnt use all your remaining road movements. It uses just a road movements worth. Im also pretty sure the same apply to rails. Attacking along a rail uses just a rail movements worth (1 of your 10 moves). Though i have a really sure confidence of the road thing and only a somewhat positive confidence on the rail thing.

Thanks guys. Never thought about that possibility. Guess my strategy will change for launching defensive attacks!

it seems that if the enemy unit you kill is not the last of its stack, the attack move takes a whole movement point, even if both your unit and the enemy unit are on your (friendly) road.

the abovementioned rule might apply only to killing single enemy units then?

10 years. Frickin' hell :eek: That must be some kind of record.

(And yes, roads are crucial, unless it's two movers into non-forest)

Top Bottom