Assyria discussion

I'm quite thrilled by the Assyrians, in fact. And liked pretty much the color scheme!

Just hope they're not science or early conquest based, these roles have already been covered, methinks (althought both would be quite Assyrian-like)

As for the UB, i'm sad... Here i was, hoping for a second UU in the form of chrysalids or muton task forces!

Guys, check the barbarian! Is that an Axeman?

I think it is building a Siege Tower, anandus

From that screenie, we now know:

-Nineveh is NOT Assyria's capital, as some has suggested
-There is a new barbarian class of units, that is apparently an Axeman. If the civs are able to train it, we don't know.
-Their color scheme is not bad, now that I'm used to it :p

Might Nineveh be building the royal library?

Nope, it looks like the Siege Tower if you look closely at the icon. So it seems like Nineveh and Nimrud are cities but not the capital, perhaps Ashur is the capital?

Since Nineveh and Nimrud (Callah) are not the capital and it's unlikely to be Dur-Sharukin, that means the original capital, Assur, will be chosen.

ETA: Off topic, but in the top right corner of that pic, is there something in the marshes?

Honestly I am dissapointed with the Royal Library as Assyria's UB. I was hoping for an awesome war like unit. It might be good though, depending on what the bonuses are. Perhaps it holds great works as well?

Might go good with the suggested Great Works Plundering UA that was said before.

Tack on a few cultural points along with beakers for the Royal Library so we could use the legalism trick thingy for a quick 4-city+national college start...

I rather like the color scheme. It reminds me of popcorn or mustard.

King William I: I noticed that too, and I liked it.

And the siege tower seems to indeed replace something very early-game. And not the swordsman, at least.

Does anyone know if catapults would take more or less that amount of turns to complete in a 4 pop city?

Top Bottom