Download, installation instructions & troubleshooting

neither clearing the cache ?

I tried it just now again. And still only the data mod shows in the mods list. The other one doesn't install

It wont install at this point. You need to manually extract it with 7zip.

If it doesn't show in the mod list after manual extraction (and moving the .civ5mod files out of the folder as explained on the previous page) then you had a corrupted archive, download again, or you didn't extract it correctly.

What is the size of / number of files in the R.E.D. WWII Edition folder you've created when extracting the R.E.D. WWII Edition (v.37.b).civ5mod file ?

I extracted. I'll switch the game on and see if it works.

Size on disc is 25.8 MB while the "size" is 25MB

Okay, I have both the mods. Now with the dll. Last time i tried to insert it into civ 5 it wouldnt open. Has the problem been fixed? I'm still not sure.

Okay, I have both the mods. Now with the dll. Last time i tried to insert it into civ 5 it wouldnt open. Has the problem been fixed? I'm still not sure.

Nothing to "fix" on the mod side when it works if installed correctly.

Which version of Civilization do you have ?

The installation instructions have been changed when I've posted the last update, read them again carefully, because they didn't mention the link you've posted anymore, the DLL there is outdated and will not work.

Haha maybe thats the problem, I'll look again but I cannot find the link with the up to date dll. And I can't remember the number, but the version is defo the newest one.

Seriously, the mod would be at v.75 if people were correctly reading the instructions, saving me a lot of time.

(And it would be at v.150 if Steam installation was working perfectly)

Okay I think I've got it. Sorry to bother you about such an easy thing. I'm just not that well orientated with computers.

Ok I too shall dance in the hall of the confused...

I have followed the various steps for steam, I unsubscribed form all three components, including the extreme WWII mudpack. I then logged out of steam, deleted everything in the cache, deleted all folders and files in the MODS folder, restarted my computer. I went back into steam, re-subscribed and waited for the download. I noticed that there are two files for the extreme modpack, one that was for the WWII edition and one that just said extreme modpack. I assume I only need to check the data files, the mod files and the extreme modpack for wwii, yes? Anyway, I click on that and the IGE and click next. I get to the screen, I click on single player, set up game, and here is my problem. There is no button to set up the scenario. There is no map for WWII. I even verified the game cache and it still doesn't load. Is it not unpacking correctly from steam then? Thank you for your time.

there are 2 mod needed, the Xtreme mod for WWII is optional.

what are the exact name of the mods you've downloaded and that are shown on the mods menu ?

Because from what you're reporting you've not downloaded or activated the core component (R.E.D. WWII Edition)

when this mod is activated and you click next in the mods menu there is 2 possibilities: a crash (if the game or the mod is not updated) or a new menu with a WWII background pictures (and maybe an error message depending of your installation)

but you'll never get the usual menu if the core mod is correctly installed.

Nevermind, I got it working. For some reason steam workshop is not downloading the things that I subscribe to. Oh well working great now! Thank you.

I dont seem able to download the actual Mod. All the links download the Extreme Edition!! Therefore I have tried everything but the mod is different.

Am I being stupid or what?

Also has this been taken off steam because I cant find it when I tried to unsubscribe

Top Bottom