Tokugawa of the Highland Clans

Civilized Guy

Chieftain
Hi all. Before I break out into storyteller mode, I thought I'd explain the setup. This is a Large Highlands map with me and nine random AIs. The mountains are Ridgelines and there are only small lakes. The win conditions are Conquest, Diplomacy or Domination, on Noble difficulty. So wish me luck here, as I regale you with the tale of Tokugawa, of the Highland Clans.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tokugawa of the Highland Clans. Long have the Highland clans wandered their homes, searching for their place to be. Their wise leader, Tokugawa, had been with their small tribe for centuries, and it was said that the gods had made him immortal to serve as their guide. And Tokugawa did lead his people, the hardy Japanese, through many cold, harsh winters and scorching, searing summers.

But one day, Tokugawa stopped walking. His eyes turned to the sun, consulting the Sun Goddess as he often did, for advice. There he stood for many an hour before looking at his people and smiling at them, the radiance of the sun in his simple, happy features.

"This, my people." He proclaimed loudly to the ragged nomads. "This is where we start!"

And his people cheered, because they had wandered many a year before, and now they would rest. But Tokugawa did warn his people.

"It is here that the Sun Goddess Amaterasu says we must make our home. But she warns us that, though our first years may be easy, hardships are soon to follow, and we cannot rest idle on our heels. We must make our clan strong, we must expand our clan, and we must be prepared to spill the blood of others. But we will prevail!"

And Tokugawa's people did cheer. And the village of Kyoto was built.

Hi folks. Here we go now with the second post. I've included a screenshot of Kyoto, and so far, not a lot has happened.

3640 BC:

For many centuries, the warriors of the Japanese Clan explored their surroundings. To the west would appear to be an impassable wall of mountains, so high they seemed to touch the very sky itself. Tokugawa had decreed that, to better please the gods, we should learn their ways, and so the wisemen of the clan pondered and experimented, finally discovering the secrets of Mysticism. However, in this year, grave news was also heard, of a far off land who had learned the path to spiritual enlightenment, taught by a man named Buddha.

All was not lost, however, as our warriors had found two minor tribes during their explorations. They were small, and of little consequence, offering up gold in exchange for the right to live in peace. Tokugawa, in his wisdom, accepted this exchange, as the village of Kyoto was currently constructing a barracks with which to produce better trained warriors, and was undefended.

The Son of the Sun, Tokugawa, had in this time had a mate, and had many children by her. His oldest was named Koudo, and when he came of age, Koudo was made the governor of Kyoto so that Tokugawa could spend more time communing with the Gods. Koudo, however, followed his father's wishes well, and was too made immortal.

And one day, Lord Tokugawa was sitting upon a hill. He was deep in his meditation when he sprang to his feet and proclaimed.

"This earth contains metals, bestowed by the gods for us to use. The light of the moon is trapped in these metals, and it has made for a beautiful substance! We shall dig deep shafts into this hill, and we will retrieve this silver gift of the gods!"

And Mining was discovered. The will of Lord Tokugawa would not be made so for some time, but the Japanese people would indeed mine those hills.

Kyoto1.png

Keep up the good work. Japan is one of my favorite empires.

Top Bottom