Victory conditions

Dell19

Take a break
Do you use all the victory conditions or do you turn some of them off? I have been playing with them all available but in my last game I was really disappointed when a box appeared saying that I had won culturally. I think next time I will disable the cultural victory because its not a great achievement and I would rather win by building the spaceship.

So does anyone else disable some of the victory conditions, or do you have a preferred way to win?

I usually leave all conditions on - so I can select which victory to go for once the game has developed a little - especially once I know what my start position is and what resources I will have.

But if you want to try for a specific ending then switching off the others sounds like a good ide - I may try it one day!:king:

I keep them all even if I am disappointed with some. If I keep them all, it usually means I have to simultaneously stop someone from winning one way so I can win another. If you're winning culture by accident, you should probably up your level.

OTOH, winning by culture gets easier by map size, so maybe turning it off for huge maps might be ok. You still have to double everyone elses though. I'd suggest it is a sign that you have the game in hand, in any case. But, try to win a culture game on a small map - that's a bit tougher.

I like to play really long games on Huge Pangea maps...

I've gotten into the habit of disabling every type of victory condition I've previously won by.... I figure by the time I get through all of them, the expansion pack may finally be out.

I usually turn everything off except spaceship and conquest. Personally, I feel ripped off after spending weeks on one game, then having a stupid pop-up message tell me it's "A Culture Victory", or whatever. When I win, I want to know that I have absolutely beaten my enemies, completely and unequivocably.

I usually keep all the victories on, because it adds to the challenge and preparing in advance.

Sometimes I turn off culture and diplo, because I never bother to go for those two victories and don't want anybody else winning with them.

Always leave Spaceship on because I love the space race, and the challenge it adds.

Top Bottom