Early siege warfare

Yes, but some cultures are available earlier than the others.

Yeah so.....you adapt. That's part of the mod. Not everything is meant to be "balanced" or "equal". Part of the challenge of playing this mod. Sorry just not a problem.

Like the mixtec culture, it's available about the same time you can train tribes. It's same strength as light swordsman, which is available a lot later. It's only "balanced" if your enemy can get one of them too.

And btw, what's with the mobility promotion on 1 move units?

As for any Promos ThunderBrd is the one to ask. He makes them all.

JosEPh

Yes, but some cultures are available earlier than the others.

Like the mixtec culture, it's available about the same time you can train tribes. It's same strength as light swordsman, which is available a lot later. It's only "balanced" if your enemy can get one of them too.
It is very much intended to be an imbalancing unit as all of the cultural units are. It may be a little stronger than the normal curve and at some point will be, as all cultural units, evaluated for adherence to a fair measure of equatable imbalancing. The point is that the edge they give does not last for the whole game so it matters not that for this culture, they come so early. For other cultures, their imbalancing units come later and give an edge during that era instead while this one has been obsoleted. This means cultures wax and wane in strength and edges over neighbors to a varying degree even if all civs stay comparable in tech achievement.

And btw, what's with the mobility promotion on 1 move units?
What's the benefit of the mobility promotion exactly? Remind me so I don't have to go looking it up please.

Yeah so.....you adapt. That's part of the mod. Not everything is meant to be "balanced" or "equal". Part of the challenge of playing this mod. Sorry just not a problem.
JosEPh
But it's the opposite of challenge, it just made it easy. I'm generally bad at warmongering in Civ4, but with these, I rolled over my neighbours with ease. Only thing slowing me down a bit, was the unhappiness penalty for cities.

I understand that culture units should be an improvement on other units available at the time, but I just find jump too big.

Of course, I'm just a random player, on my first playthrough of this mod, sharing my observations, which you can accept or refuse.

@ahengle,
What version of C2C are you using?

IF you are taking your stance from the V36 Official release from last year then Yes there is some unbalanced Cultural And regular Mil units.

IF you are using the latest SVN then No the unit strengths have been adjusted already. I addressed that back early part of this year on the SVN.

So tell me which version you are using.

JosEPh

Mobility reduces the terrain movement cost.

I suppose it could still be valuable if the unit gains another point of movement through another promotion.

@ahengle,
What version of C2C are you using?

IF you are taking your stance from the V36 Official release from last year then Yes there is some unbalanced Cultural And regular Mil units.

IF you are using the latest SVN then No the unit strengths have been adjusted already. I addressed that back early part of this year on the SVN.

So tell me which version you are using.

JosEPh

I started the game with v36, but upgraded to the linked SVN in the other thread later. But only change I noticed, are to axeman and spearman, which would still come too late to affect that rush. (though for some reason the maceman wasn't adjusted?)

I suppose it could still be valuable if the unit gains another point of movement through another promotion.
I'm not familiar with all the C2C promotions, but is there such promotion like that available? Only one I know of from BTS is only for warlords.

I started the game with v36, but upgraded to the linked SVN in the other thread later. ,snip>

SVN thread or Crime Patch thread? Trying to get on same page here. Details are a Must please.

Are you using the current SVN v 9229?

JosEPh

SVN thread or Crime Patch thread? Trying to get on same page here. Details are a Must please.

Are you using the current SVN v 9229?

JosEPh

Yes, the SVN in the thread titled Crime Patch. Not sure what the number is.

I'm not familiar with all the C2C promotions, but is there such promotion like that available? Only one I know of from BTS is only for warlords.

There are multiple promos available for this. Morale is one. There are promotionlines that culminate in an additional movement in addition to the core effects too.

Yes, the SVN in the thread titled Crime Patch. Not sure what the number is.

Okay you have the Patched v36 version which was before the Breaking of save game compatibility, not the current SVN.

That Patch does not have all the unit str changes that was done. When you mentioned Mace that's what tipped me off.

JosEPh

Okay you have the Patched v36 version which was before the Breaking of save game compatibility, not the current SVN.

That Patch does not have all the unit str changes that was done. When you mentioned Mace that's what tipped me off.

JosEPh

well, that's the latest version I saw, and obviously, I don't want to get a version where I can't load my saved game, after over 40 hours play time in it.

well, that's the latest version I saw, and obviously, I don't want to get a version where I can't load my saved game, after over 40 hours play time in it.

Understood. But that is all we can do for you at this point.

But when you do want to start another game there is now, as of last night, a New Patch that will update v36 C2C to SVN version 9230. I put it out late last night in the Crime Patch thread.

JosEPh :)

Top Bottom