Can't run on DirectX 10 or 11 on Windows 7 64bit?

justinsy

Chieftain
Hi,

I can't seem to run on windows 7 64bit for DirectX 10 or 11 (which is recommended). I have the ATI 7950 graphics card, i7-3770, 32gb 1600 ram.

help?

mine crashes in any compatibility mode except windows 98 -_- but the game get slow and laggy....i have w8 64bit

The obvious question that you probably already addressed is, "have you the latest ATI graphics drivers?"
I stopped buying ATI cards over issues like this but I do hope you find a solution.

The obvious question that you probably already addressed is, "have you the latest ATI graphics drivers?"
I stopped buying ATI cards over issues like this but I do hope you find a solution.

yes all my drivers are up to date

BIOS also up to date? Everything else on your PC running fine? What behavior are you seeing when you try to select DirectX 10/11? Was the game running prior to BNW or the latest patch? Also have you tried to de-install and re-install Civ V in its entirety?

BIOS also up to date? Everything else on your PC running fine? What behavior are you seeing when you try to select DirectX 10/11? Was the game running prior to BNW or the latest patch? Also have you tried to de-install and re-install Civ V in its entirety?

hi, yes, the BIOS is updated, no problems with my pc, the game runs for around 3 minutes and suddenly crashes. this problem was already there before BNW so I don't think BNW is the problem. I have also tried to reinstall it multiple times but with no success.

can you list down what you did? maybe i'm missing something?

You may want to run test on your memory. There could be a bad section, that rarely gets used, that V is trying to address.

Top Bottom