Which early social policy tree is most likely to have your most frequent adoption?

Pick a social policy tree of your playstyle

• Tradition

Votes: 84 46.4%
  • Liberty

Votes: 53 29.3%
  • Honor

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Piety

Votes: 38 21.0%

• Total voters
I'm really hoping for a better Military Caste (since the others are fine/have been revealed)

Some good upfront Bonuses are needed.

Perhaps

1 Melee unit* appears by every city you own or found
2 appear near your capital
Gain culture for every city you capture (like Autocracy in G+K)

That would make Honor worthwhile

*would be most expensive melee unit available

At least it would give liberty something. Its the only one besides piety that doesn't allow you to purchase great people, and piety helps you purchase the other people by helping you with faith so .....

Maybe an idea would be, as other people suggested, to be able to purchase settlers as a finisher instead of great people with faith. A cool addition would also be when you find the city, it would already follow your religion.

I can't really choose between Tradition and Liberty. I mean, both are great in certain situations, and I often do Tradition opener into Liberty Settler/Worker, continuing into the rest of Tradition/Liberty options.

Chose Tradition though. It is usually my first pick, after all. But I think I'm a bit unfair to Piety, as I've not had the chance to try out it in its new, improved shape - I think it'll be a pick for me from time to time.

Honor still needs to have its terrible opener fixed. Free barracks in the first four cities would be good.

The top-left Honor policy (whose name is escaping me at the moment, the one with a free GG) also needs to be improved. The production bonus is only 15%, and only applies to melee units. That hardly makes any difference, especially when the best units are not melee.

The Piety finisher is a little strange still. Nobody cares about +3 culture from holy sites.

Yes! Free barracks for the first 4 cities when the cities are built... that would be cool! Or it could be like how tradition is now with the cultural buildings and give you the next 4 barracks-type buildings but when Honor is completed.

I hope they improve Honor. I've been often using Honor when going for an early domination win but even then it hasn't felt like the obvious choice which it should be if you're putting all your focus and resources for warmongering right from the start.

I would love piety if I dominate in Religion. But if the religion is not essential to my playstyle certain civ, i would like tradition. Because its strong built city.

I cant stand not having the border expansion from Tradition opener. It just feels like my workers never have tiles to improve, and the AI settles cities next to mine and steals the resources. No way I let that happen.

Even when I go Liberty I pick tradition opener first.

So far looking at all LPs, it seems even the AI dislike honor opening. :lol:

Top Bottom