What Video Cards and Sound Cards should I choose?

RedwallFortress

Necromancer Emperor

I want to upgrade my computer, and want to buy new Video, and Sound Cards.
The problem is that I can't figure out what which are the best to buy...

EDIT:
My PC has a regular PCI slot.
My price range is $70-150.
I want is to be able to play most games for atleast the next few years...

First off: what is your budget and what slots does your motherboard have? If it has a PCI-e slot, I suggest getting a Radeon HD4850 as they seem to be quite a bit faster than nVidia's current offering at the price range ( sub 200$). If you have SLi, you can go for two 9600GT's which will give you a nice bang for the buck.

We're going to need a little more info. What do you intend to play with the video card? What's your budget, what do you have now, what kind of slot is this going in? Sound is easier. Unless you've got really expensive speakers, just about any sound card will do fine. You probably don't even have to upgrade unless it stopped working or doesn't support your configuration(ie. 5.1)

a little slow on the draw, I guess.

We're going to need a little more info. What do you intend to play with the video card? What's your budget, what do you have now, what kind of slot is this going in? Sound is easier. Unless you've got really expensive speakers, just about any sound card will do fine. You probably don't even have to upgrade unless it stopped working or doesn't support your configuration(ie. 5.1)

a little slow on the draw, I guess.

If it is regular PCI, you're out of luck. There are no regular PCI gfx cards that can play modern games. In that case, best bet is to get a new computer.

I want to upgrade my computer, and want to buy new Video, and Sound Cards.
The problem is that I can't figure out what which are the best to buy...

EDIT:

for that money you can't even play games made in last few years...

I have a XFX 8800GT XT, good card, runs a bit hot (well, 70 degrees celsious when playing Crysis) but it is a very good card plus it had a $30 rebate and I got company of heros for free. It cost me $235 CAD, and that was in march I think (includind taxes, shipping and not counting rebate).

I highly recommend getting an 8800GT with 512 memory on it.

Top Bottom