Brave New World Speculation Awards

truenarnian

Emperor
As I was reading the arguments over the purple mystery civ, I thought it would be fun to go back a bit and see who was the first person to correctly name each civ, leader, and uniques for each of the new civs.

The criteria are fairly simple: the poster MUST have made ONE claim (i.e. if they made a list of possibilities, they are excluded), and - as far as can be seen on the threads - have stuck by that one claim/prediction; the claim must be in the form of a claim (i.e. "I hope..." type statements disqualify the person from the award. It must be in the form of a claim. I'll be the final judge if there is ambiguity); the post that the claim is made in can not have any edits for any reason whatsoever; spelling doesn't matter as long as it is clear that the claim could not have been anything but the final result.

I'm going to need some help with this, so post away on in the thread and I'll update this post as we go. I will take any post that you can find because we can always edit if we find an older claim.

Awards (with link to post)
Assyria -
Leader -
Uniques -

Brazil -
Leader -
Uniques -

Indonesia -
Gaja Mada - TimeWeaver Mar 13, 0528h http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=12281069&postcount=930
Uniques -
Biggest Fanatic - seancolorado

Morocco -
Leader - codepoet May 15, 1244h http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=12440841&postcount=18
Uniques -

Poland -
Leader -
Uniques -

Portugal - (this one will be tricky - winning post must be after release of G&K)
Leader -
Uniques -

Zulu - (good luck on finding this one - additional requirement - the post you find must date from AFTER the release of G&K)
Leader - no award will be given
Uniques -

Best Fakeout - Sukritact for his Venice/Italy mockup on April 1

I expect a lot of help will come from people who posted the claims and want credit. Please remember this is just a fun little thing that I'm doing because I have no more fingernails to chew off while waiting for the last 2 civs. Don't get all craycray.

I think actually finding the person who first "guessed' which civ would be in the game is going to take quite a bit of investigating.

Maybe give awards for those who were just big/recognizable speculators for each civ?

Not sure if it falls under your criteria but I guessed Maria of Portugal before they announced it.

As far as speculators go, everyone here knows I went crazy campaigning for Indonesia years in advance, even sending Firaxis emails - although ultimately it's simply the polls that helped Indonesia get in

Sutrikhet deserves an honorable mention for his April fools-day-Italy-fiasco. :lol:

I think I was one of the first to say that the shadow for Maria was that of a woman's because we could see a dress (i.e. definite evidence), but someone may have screamed Maria before then.

Who's that guy? It's "Sukritact" amigo! :lol:

I know I spelt it wrong, but I wasn't about to go searching for you in the forums. Besides, I think everyone knows to whom and what I refer! :groucho:

Added skritact (special award) and codepoet (Morocco leader) and TimeWeaver (Indonesia leader).

Keep them coming, with links if possible so I can investigate and add. =)

Top Bottom