King of England has only built 6 Warships !

Lacaixa

Warlord
.....and about 210 Regulars and 150 Dragoons and 80 cannon to transport. In short there is no way he will be able to transport these troops over even though I have left plenty of time (130 turns) for the victory. He also spends 3-4 turns bombarding my coastal cities instead of going straight back to collect more troops. I have even avoided attacking with my more numerous Ships of the Line to give him extra transport space. This can't be right can it.

Easy win. Start building a navy and knock those Man O' Wars out one by one. Catch a lone ship near a port so you can jump it with 2-3 ships of the line and then retreat back to port the same turn ideally.

Its all random. I had two games back to back with 7 warships against me the first time and 222 warships the second time. In the first game I had an easy win by sinking all his ships (that's an automatic victory).

However in the second game I got soundly thrashed. The problem is that the number of warships affects the number of troops that can be landed in one turn. On turn one he hit me with 84 troops (28 by amphibious assault) and although I killed them all I took a lot of casulties and the survivors were badly wounded.

On turn two he landed 112 troops :(

So I only need to take out those warships for the win ? Many thanks. I was under the impression I had to destroy all his units. It still seems an unsatisfactory way win the game though.

Each time the king adds units to the REF he adds a specif numer of troops of ONE type chosen at random. The chance of adding warships is 1/9 (4/9 for soldiers, 2/9 for draggon and for attllery). The numrt of troops he adds goes up each time, the number added is close to 10% of his total forces, so in your case he would add around 40 new troops each time. Now if you waited those next troops could be MOWs which would definatly change a lot. because of the only 1/9 change of adding warships the number in the REF will fluctuate a lot.

Top Bottom