Natural Border Behavior?

000FloW

Chieftain
New player, first contact with this amazing mod, full of (noob) questions.

I am using natural borders and interested to know more details on how they spread. In between my territory another civilization claimed 2 blocks, with no city nearby. As far as i can tell all they done was keep a trained dog there. Does the unit stationed there long enough make it their land?
Spoiler :
http://postimg.org/image/xjbxwh4kr/full/
preview image didnt work so link

Also is there a way for me to speed up the spreading of my cultural boundries? Other then more :culture: buildings or chopping down forrests (prefer not to) roads didnt seem to speed it up much.

Lastly I got tons of questions but find it hard to find a way to search for specific information. Browsing the forums gives me tons of answers to questions i havent even thought of yet, and have helped me with tips and strategy. But am troubled when looking for a specific problem. I tried the wiki, and forum search, which do help, but hard to search through.
Is there maybe a reference guide, which mentions what all options do for instance when making a custom game, or maybe a reference list to all mods used, and what they do and how they work?

Thanks for reading, and any help given. Loving the mod so far, 10/10 would recommend :goodjob:

ps1: I hope i posted this question in the right subforum
ps2: how do i find out what music tower of babel uses

TLDR; how do natural borders work exactly, and what are helpfull links to conquering this mod?

Welcome to CFC and C2C,

Natural Borders were designed for RoM/AND which means they are designed for agricultural/city based nations. This means they don't work well in the prehistoric when agriculture land is useless. They are based on Civ V.

Culture spreads to plots neighbouring the plots you own. When they get enough points they become yours. Points spread faster to cleared plots, flat terrain, along roads with better roads spreading the culture faster, and onto mines and unimproved resources.

The problem in the prehistoric is that the important resources are on plots which have hills or hostile terrain and so your culture does not expand to that plot until long after the importance of the resource is over. This is why I introduced the Wooden Tower improvement to allow you to claim those so important resources.

Welcome to CFC and C2C,
This is why I introduced the Wooden Tower improvement to allow you to claim those so important resources.

Awesome, quick, tried it, and it worked :) Thanks a lot :)

As to the red 1x1 dots in my territory, he did indeed make Wooden Palisades. I'm on friendly terms with that civ (Neanderthal), and it shows those plots 100% neanderthal. I imagine i am supposed to destroy his plot upgrade (spy?) to try get claim over it. Hope i can stay on friendly terms :D, will try tomorow (sleep soon :( )

Awesome, quick, tried it, and it worked :) It keeps claiming all the spots i want, even before the tower is done, same turn as me telling it to make the tower, i get cultural claim :) Thanks a lot :)

As to the red 1x1 dots in my territory, he did indeed make Wooden Palisades. I'm on friendly terms with that civ (Neanderthal), and it shows those plots 100% neanderthal. I imagine i am supposed to destroy his plot upgrade (spy?) to try get claim over it. Hope i can stay on friendly terms :D, will try tomorow (sleep soon :( )

Please report any red blobs/dots you see on the BUG thread. Sparth is cleaning up our graphics directory removing excess graphics but sometimes he accidentally removes a few we still need.

Please report any red blobs/dots you see on the BUG thread. Sparth is cleaning up our graphics directory removing excess graphics but sometimes he accidentally removes a few we still need.
I am pretty sure that he/she isn´t talking about graphical errors but only about tiles being owned by another civ (who by accident has red colour).

000FloW said:
It keeps claiming all the spots i want, even before the tower is done, same turn as me telling it to make the tower, i get cultural claim

I edited my original post to not say what you quoted (to late ofcourse you guys are awesome fast). As it did not bug, and gave me cultural claim exactly when the tower was done.

I am pretty sure that he/she isn´t talking about graphical errors but only about tiles being owned by another civ (who by accident has red colour).

Yeah sorry for any misunderstanding, the other civ is red, and owns 1x1 tiles in my territory, that i now try to vacate him from ^^ No bug yet, only interesting play by AI (it was resources in my territory he claimed ofcourse)

Top Bottom