Automated savegame load at startup

Puer

Warlord
There are too many clicks and waiting time if you want continue a game which has lot of mods.

Is it possible to (partly) automate this process:
Start Civ5 and wait a few minutes > go to mod sections and click I agree... > click next and wait a few minutes > click single player > select latest savegame > click load a savegame and wait a few minutes.

For example it would be ideal, if I can just double click my savegame - game will boot up, load all previously activated mods without confirmations!

There are too many clicks and waiting time if you want continue a game which has lot of mods.

Start Civ5 and wait a few minutes > go to mod sections and click I agree... > click next and wait a few minutes > click single player > select latest savegame > click load a savegame and wait a few minutes.

For example it would be ideal, if I can just double click my savegame - game will boot up, load all previously activated mods without confirmations!

I don't think there's much you can do, though this mod removes the "I agree" tab when clicking on mods. Still not really faster.

I load my save game from the normal location:

Start Civ5 and wait a few minutes > at Main Menu, click "Single Player" > click "Load" > select latest savegame > click load a savegame and wait a few minutes.

Works like a charm even if there are mods involved.

I load my save game from the normal location:

Works like a charm even if there are mods involved.
My experience is different. I had a game going with the 'Beyond the Future' mod, to lengthen the road to a SV and let me play around in the modern eras a bit. At some point I loaded a savegame from the normal menu; the loading screen said "mods" next to the timescale and difficulty indicators etc., so I played normally. Unfortunately I didn't notice until ~50 turns later that the mod was no longer functioning. Quitting and loading at the later point from the mods menu did not re-enable it; the only recourse would have been to replay those 50 turns. Very, very, very annoying that the game knew there were mods involved, but couldn't load them with the savegame.

I should note that this is on a Mac. Maybe the Win version does this better? If so I might just have to move the game over to my Boot Camp partition and play there... though, restarting the computer would take about the same amount of time. Boo.

My experience is different. I had a game going with the 'Beyond the Future' mod, to lengthen the road to a SV and let me play around in the modern eras a bit. At some point I loaded a savegame from the normal menu; the loading screen said "mods" next to the timescale and difficulty indicators etc., so I played normally. Unfortunately I didn't notice until ~50 turns later that the mod was no longer functioning. Quitting and loading at the later point from the mods menu did not re-enable it; the only recourse would have been to replay those 50 turns. Very, very, very annoying that the game knew there were mods involved, but couldn't load them with the savegame.

I should note that this is on a Mac. Maybe the Win version does this better? If so I might just have to move the game over to my Boot Camp partition and play there... though, restarting the computer would take about the same amount of time. Boo.

I've had that happen to me in the past while using multiple mods at once. But, it happened regardless of whether I loaded from the Main Menu or the Mods Menu. It also might be a problem attributed to a specific mod that you use. I currently only use InfoAddict and the Comunitas Map and I haven't had a problem.

I don't know if this would make a difference, but better make sure you have all the mods enabled even if you are starting it without going to the mods section.

The mods were all enabled. The only difference was how I loaded the game. My games since then have had twice as many mods enabled, but I've been careful to load saves from the mods menu, and it's never happened since. It really doesn't seem to be a coincidence or an unrelated bug.

My thought was that it had to do with playing on a Mac. The Mac version treats mods differently than the Win version - they aren't auto-installed from Steam, for example, and you can browse and install mods from within the app.

Top Bottom