Super Power Modpack - Total Conversion

Hello everyone,

I haven't seen any mention anywhere in the logs about it, but I'd like to know: Does ranged units(land, naval and air units) have damage penalty when attacking wounded units? Also, are ranged naval units unable to attack land units that are not on tiles directly adjacent to shore or have further penalties when attacking land units that are on tiles directly adjacent to shore?

1.Damage penalty?? No, why do you ask? Give an example of whats happening.... you don't mean do damaged units have a penalty do you?

2. All ranged units (including naval) adhere to the LOS (line of site) rules {check the civ pedia-game concepts/combat for info on this}. Most likely the units your trying to hit have a mountain/hill/forest in between which stops the unit from being able to attack it. There is a promotion (indirect fire) which alleviates this.

Cheers

1. I mean, if a ranged unit(land, naval or air) attacks an wounded unit(land or naval), would this ranged unit suffer an attack penalty?It is quite annoying how ranged units are able to eliminate other units so damn easily, while in reality, mobile units(cavalry or tanks) are the ones that should do the dirty job in most cases.

2. About that, I think it would be a great idea to add a "promotion" to ranged naval units that makes them unable to attack land units or cities that are not directly on shore, even if they have LOS, but removing that limitation once the naval unit acquires indirect fire .

About the first one, this damage penalty against wounded units could scale in such a way that no ranged unit(land, naval or air), with the exception of cities, are able to deal more than 1 damage to units with below 50 HP(for naval units, it can be a slightly lower HP threshold) .

Fixing the first means that cheesing war tactics, such as "sandbag" or "frigate rush" are not that efficient anymore, while fixing the second one would prevent absurd scenarios, where you can mow down entire land armies with just naval units . Both are the simplest way to remove the "ranged" superiority that has plagued Civ5 for too long .

I noticed, that I don't receive the exp.bonus (+15XP) from the Krepost, although it should be so. Game version is .144. I tried to copy the respective code from the game-xml into the mods xml (cache cleared, of course) - didn't work. What is wrong and how do I fix this?

I think the mod version 5.1 is built for .279

OK, now I've got the .279 - still it doesn't work :D :cry: So it's mods bug, not the games. Hope it'll be fixed, 'cos now I have to promote my units manually with IGE and it's annoying. Also I noticed, that the cultural growth bonus (+25% border grow) also doesn't apply. At least the defensive bonus works.

OK, now I've got the .279 - still it doesn't work :D :cry: So it's mods bug, not the games. Hope it'll be fixed, 'cos now I have to promote my units manually with IGE and it's annoying. Also I noticed, that the cultural growth bonus (+25% border grow) also doesn't apply. At least the defensive bonus works.

I believe that the +15 xp is not present (its not listed in code), and is a leftover typo. However, both the cost reduction plot, and the culture reduction plot are both listed in the relevant building xml within the mod, and DO work in my game.

How exactly did you try to add the 15 xp? Just want to make sure you did it right.

Cheers

I believe that the +15 xp is not present (its not listed in code), and is a leftover typo. However, both the cost reduction plot, and the culture reduction plot are both listed in the relevant building xml within the mod, and DO work in my game.

How exactly did you try to add the 15 xp? Just want to make sure you did it right.

Cheers

The +15XP bonus is in the Tooltip, Civilopedia and in the xml-files too. And the culture bonus too. And it's just the same as in original Civ-files. So it should work. But it doesn't. Although it's original mods traits, I didn't change anything. Even if I tried, nothing works.
BTW, what's the point of an upgraded barrack-replacer, if it doesn't give any bonuses? Rome got his ballista, that shoots at three tiles (freaking hell, it's a BFG-9000 of ancient era!).

The +15XP bonus is in the Tooltip, Civilopedia and in the xml-files too. And the culture bonus too. And it's just the same as in original Civ-files. So it should work. But it doesn't. Although it's original mods traits, I didn't change anything. Even if I tried, nothing works.
BTW, what's the point of an upgraded barrack-replacer, if it doesn't give any bonuses? Rome got his ballista, that shoots at three tiles (freaking hell, it's a BFG-9000 of ancient era!).

No, its not in the xml files. (the bonus xp part that is--it is of course listed)

You need to open building.xml within the super powers mod. Then scroll all the way to the bottom, looking for the <Building_DomainFreeExperiences> section.

As you will see both the Brand gate and hero epic are already here (and both work correctly). You need to copy the exact structure here but replace the building with the Krepost:

like-

<Row>
<BuildingType>BUILDING_KREPOST</BuildingType>
<DomainType>DOMAIN_LAND</DomainType>
<Experience>15</Experience>
</Row>
<Row>
<DomainType>DOMAIN_SEA</DomainType>
</Row>
<Row>
<DomainType>DOMAIN_AIR</DomainType>
</Row>

No, its not in the xml files. (the bonus xp part that is--it is of course listed)

You need to open building.xml within the super powers mod. Then scroll all the way to the bottom, looking for the <Building_DomainFreeExperiences> section.

Thanks for the tip, didn't know about it. I edited it - still nothing. Digged a little further and came up with this: you have to add this too in order to make it work:

<Building_Flavors>
<Row>
<FlavorType>FLAVOR_MILITARY_TRAINING</FlavorType>
<Flavor>20</Flavor>
</Row>
<Row>
<FlavorType>FLAVOR_EXPANSION</FlavorType>
<Flavor>20</Flavor>
</Row>
</Building_Flavors>

Now it works how it should be, I got both the XP and the cultural bonuses. Thanks again :)

Hi. Nice mod. Very nice mod :)
New units, military system is really nice.
I have one question (maybe more :p ).
Is city states build their own military units???
Is this mod compatible with Communitas Map ??

And I have one but:
- There is to much money. i Have 500+ money in one round. I can buy everything. And I'm early in the game, just reach a medieval era.
- AI is too dump for lost unit system. In war AI lost a lots of units and lost of population :(. Its easy to win.

I like the mod very much. But recently I face a problem, it is not the problem of the mod, but I don't know what to do.

Recently When I play China I often feel the color is not historially correct, the color of China is green.
I want to change the color of China as well as its emblem into the ones used by Machuria in the Samurai invasion DLC.

Then do you know which file should I change? Thanks&#65281;

\XML\Religion\ReligionTweak.xml -

<Update>
<Set PlotCultureCostModifier="25" />
<Where Type="BELIEF_RELIGIOUS_SETTLEMENTS" />
</Update>

Is it possible, that the number 25 should be negative? 'Cos in original *.xml it is a negative -15. I've noticed it by choosing this pantheon and the border growth rate did not decreased, it increased.

I tried it with a new game - the negative number worked correct. Not with a save though, not at first anyway, may it'll work if the culture stats of the city updates. So it is a bug.

Update: no, save don't work (added a cultural building with IGE), you have to start a new game. Damn =(

Hey,

having weird issue where I cannot select my settler to start the game and the tech tree is everywhere.

ok correction I can select them but there no way for me to settle because there is no lower left hand side HUD.

ok, well did everything I could but I can't even settle my first city.

Got the exact same problem here as "voidful" (on the previous page) regarding the courthouses ,while also using Sukritact's Events & Decisions.

I have Super Powers, and DLL 45? I think, anyway, the one compatible for 144.

everything else works right, but when I go to settle a city, promote a unit or anything, I don't even get the unit interface in the bottom corner.

Any ideas?

Not sure if this is a bug or what, but around the Renaissance era the AI seems to hit a tech plateau. Their economy is usually in a huge deficit which prevents them from discovering techs which makes it easy for me to get a huge lead. Is this a problem with the difficulty i play at (small powers) or does it persist throughout the rest of the mod?

BTW: I usually use IGE to delete all of their units which immediately boosts their GPT and Science output, but i don't like doing that...

Top Bottom