Gauntlet Suggestions

Ozbenno

Fly Fly Away
Hall of Fame Staff
Post them in here.

Here are the main things we are looking for in gauntlets.

• Unusual/interesting game setup
  • Maximum participation
  • Atrractive to non-HOF players

If you have an idea that fits in with the above, let us know. Give us as many details as you can about the game setup.

If someone suggests an idea that you like, also let us know in this thread.

Just remember that posting about an idea in here doesn't mean that we will use it in exactly the form you have proposed (or even at all). :D

Suggestion for Diety g-minor

Difficulty: Deity
Opponents: 4 AI - must include Mansa Musa
Map Type: Inland Sea
Map Size: Tiny
VC: Conquest
Inca allowed

There's a nice quecha rush Diety minor
It's quick, it's easy and it's a nice break from the large/huge maps :p
I wouldn't suggest it but the new non worker chasing, slavery whipping AI makes most of the old scores obselete. I'd be interested to see what the new standard is.

want some more blood? Immortal/standard size/marathon/conquest/BTS is surprisingly unfilled (well it would not be the case if I had remember to make a 4000 BC save :rolleyes:)...

Cheers

How about quest-based gauntlets?

An example, must win by UN vote but the game is scored by the number of wonders controlled at game's end.

How about quest-based gauntlets?

An example, must win by UN vote but the game is scored by the number of wonders controlled at game's end.
Interesting idea. It would probably take a some development to build that into the gauntlet page and scorer. The info is in the save file it is not something we pull into the database. Maybe after the next HOF Mod is finished.

I'd like an emperor minor, just because I have no minor for emperor EQM :mischief:

Something simple may do, like cultural with ramses, or conquest with montezuma.
You got to spice it up a bit more than that. Like using Boreal map for that conquest with all protective leaders. Or would that make it a Major? :mischief:

How about something inspired by Beta Gauntlet VII? That was the only gauntlet ever to have "Victory: Any". You could either award winners for each victory (like BG 7) or try to create a gauntlet where several victory types would be competitive and just have earliest date win. That would have to be one of the faster speeds and a continent-style map that required Astronomy so it's not just a conquest. OCC (like BG7) is the way to go I think. Hand pick some evil opponents (so diplo is harder). Permanent Alliances would be on for sure. People could even go space, or culture, domination, etc.

For earliest win people will just go for AP diplo though.

Relig win is definitely fastest if superfast conquest is out of options.

Deity Inca conquest for 4 opponents with mansa around isnt that easy anyway. Of course it will go down after you get mansa economy smashed. But is it minor anymore? I had serious trouble on quick/conquest on deity gauntlet when I wasnt too used to play them. Mara vs mansa coulda prove same for those who do not know things.

-D

How about something inspired by Beta Gauntlet VII? That was the only gauntlet ever to have "Victory: Any". You could either award winners for each victory (like BG 7) or try to create a gauntlet where several victory types would be competitive and just have earliest date win. That would have to be one of the faster speeds and a continent-style map that required Astronomy so it's not just a conquest. OCC (like BG7) is the way to go I think. Hand pick some evil opponents (so diplo is harder). Permanent Alliances would be on for sure. People could even go space, or culture, domination, etc.

I really like the idea where all Victory types can be used, but it may be impossible to arrange the game parameters such that all Victories are equally likely to be in slot #1. It may be very tough to slow down the Domination and Religious Victories enough to make winning via other Victory types possible.

Depending on the "Continent" type Map required, an early Domination Victory may still be possible without needing Astronomy or even Optics. The "home" Continent just needs to contain enough Land to match the Land Domination limit.

An early Religious Victory would be quite easy using just Optics, regardless of the Map type required.

I like the idea of requiring either Quick or Normal speed. Normal speed seems to be the least used speed in HOF game play; This is especially troubling due to the name of this speed, "Normal". In my opinion, we should have more Normal speed Gauntlets in general (not limited to the Victory: Any games).

Sun Tzu Wu

I would love to see OCC - PA Domination/Conquest gauntlet with following set-up

Difficulty: Monarch
Starting Era: Ancient
Map Size: Standard
Map Type: Any
Civ: Any
Opponents: Any

The ongoing G-Minor 69 has been very instructive and I want to learn more about PA game :goodjob:

Maybe TheMeInTeam want to bee moderator :)

I would love to see OCC - PA Domination/Conquest gauntlet with following set-up

Difficulty: Monarch
Starting Era: Ancient
Map Size: Standard
Map Type: Any
Civ: Any
Opponents: Any

The ongoing G-Minor 69 has been very instructive and I want to learn more about PA game :goodjob:

Maybe TheMeInTeam want to bee moderator :)

I think that would be better without a PA. Domination where you have to let the AI grow enough to get a dom through vassals. That would be really difficult!

Can you get a vassal in OCC?

I think that would be better without a PA. Domination where you have to let the AI grow enough to get a dom through vassals. That would be really difficult!

Is that even possible? If it is, then this is a great idea, but I don't think you can do that. Are you saying your going to have to get and keep several vassals? I think they'll leave you when their land and pop grows and yours doesn't.

You can assign cities to yourself through the AP, so should be possible...

At any rate seeing the popularity from the last occ challenge, i can definatly say: OCC is fun and popular, please do more of those...

I know that culture flipped cities autoraze on OCC. In Minor 69 I have flipped/razed a few cities with culture on my way to several failed games or late SS VC.

Good idea, not sure it is possible without PA, maybe on a low level (warlord or something) where you can have a big power lead over the AI (this determines in part whether they will break free). Anyone want to test to see if it can be done first?

We will be having more OCC games in future as it is quick and fun.

Top Bottom