UNIT: Elephant Archer

Jimmyh

Prince
Ok, here's the winning unit from my poll, with all the chatting with firaxis last night I forgot all about this.

I know all the units in the poll have 4, but the Elephant Archer, was winning most of the way.

Cheers.
James.

Attachments

• elephant archer.zip
    436 KB · Views: 1,435
The "phantom elefant" is only in the *.gif I uploaded. I try to fix that.

But there is an other thing: The shadow is very hard and black. There is a big difference to all other Civ3 units. Jimmyh, could you fix that?

Originally posted by Arne
The "phantom elefant" is only in the *.gif I uploaded. I try to fix that.

But there is an other thing: The shadow is very hard and black. There is a big difference to all other Civ3 units. Jimmyh, could you fix that?

I'm not converting theses units by hand, I've actually wrote a program to take the animations and place them in the pcx file that FLICSter needs, at the moment I don't know if I can tell which colour indexs are the shadows, but I'll have a look at it and see what I can do.

Cheers.
James.

Originally posted by Jimmyh

I'm not converting theses units by hand, I've actually wrote a program to take the animations and place them in the pcx file that FLICSter needs, at the moment I don't know if I can tell which colour indexs are the shadows, but I'll have a look at it and see what I can do.

Cheers.
James.
I don't know, but shadows are IMHO depend on the palettes only(?). If you could not insert this in your programm, you could (may be?) make a overlay ore something: First make the shadow not black - use dark grey instad (pic N° 3) and make sure only every second dot is used (image N° 2 and 3). That way makes it possible to add shadows without using palette colours for shadow.

I don't know if this is more simply than colour handling. And the shadows are not that "softly" like they are if using palette colours.

Jimmyh,

I've started using the Elephant Archer. It's excellent. Good work!

I have given it stats of 2/3/2 and available in the Ancient Age with the discovery of Polytheism (remind you of Civ II?). It is available only if you have access to Ivory (Ivory = Elephants).

In my current game, I am about to take on the Japanese, who have a pile of Elephant Archers lurking about. Looks like it'll be fun!

Thanks again!

i find that you can use the audio from longbowmen and the war elephant to give this unit sound

To Kingpin URGENT!!!
(I've started using the Elephant Archer. It's excellent. Good work! )
"I have given it stats of 2/3/2 ..."
Could you please how you do that? (stats of 2/3/2) to a new created unit?
Thanks a lot! Shirannybl

Originally posted by Shirannybl
"I have given it stats of 2/3/2 ..."
Could you please how you do that? (stats of 2/3/2) to a new created unit?

Have a read of this :) ....

Attachments

• how_to_add_new_units_readme.txt
    8.3 KB · Views: 170
Hi! great looking AOE unit! I don't know if anyone has asked this before but... HOW DID YOU RIP AOE'S UNIT ANIMATION?? Is it a utility you downloaded or did you create it yourself? if so, post it for download! with that program imagine all the medieval units we can create for Civ3!!! :eek:

Later!

JimmyH can you possibly get the AoE slinger unit next- I've been trying to get someone to make a slinger for my new mod

Originally posted by Snah
JimmyH can you possibly get the AoE slinger unit next- I've been trying to get someone to make a slinger for my new mod
Please don't revive old threads! For such requests, use the main creation forum, or send a personal message, please.

(not to mention the ghost pixel problem with this unit :))

Top Bottom