Master of Mana Xtended 4.0

esvath

Apprentice of Erebus
Xtended 5.0 (17 September 2016)

Change Log:

1. Bugfixes by Carnival Bizarre.
  2. Balances and tweaks to existing units and promotions.
    • Grigori: Adventurers no longer have Hero from start. Instead, they have small chance to gain Hero promotion after winning battle. Spells to transform Adventures to various units requires Hero promotion.
    • Archmagi are no longer buildable (have to be upgraded from level 10+ Mage). This will make Liches more useful (hints!).
    • Some units from Guilds are restricted to certain number. That way, civ's UUs will still play important role. H
    • Affinity is no longer capped. Hoard that mana node!
    • Supply from Training Yard etc are reduced; these buildings give extra XP instead.
  3. Dural: units now use new roster mechanic.
  4. New Enchantments, Summons etc. Now each school has 29-30 items.
  5. Cleaning Civpedia. No more duplicate units or many blocked units etc.

To Do Next:
  1. Adding Jotnar to unit roster mechanic.
  2. Adding more spells, enchantments etc.
  3. Adding general strategy for each Civ to Civpedia.
  4. Adding lore entries to Civpedia.
  5. Bugfixes, if any.

If you are interested in writing short entries for units, spells, promotions, buildings, techs etc, feel free to do so! I will include them in future version!

Instructions:
  1. Download Master of Mana from Sourceforge.
  2. Download Xtended 5.0 from here.
  3. Unzip Xtended 5.0.
  4. Copy-and-replace the Asset folder from Xtended 5.0 to Master of Mana.

If you have error: GFC Error: failed to initialize primary control theme, try to rename the folder into "Master of Mana".

Old Changelog

Spoiler :

Xtended 4.0 (released 14 June 2015)
  1. Various DLL optimisations.
  2. Fixed traits that give discount to building yield cost.
  3. New mapscripts.
    • No hell terrains in the new mapscripts.
    • Each civ will start in a "pocket" terrain according to their flavor/role/gameplay.
  4. More aggressive Barbarians.
  5. Spells rebalanced:
    • Reduce damage from Tier 1 spells.
    • Tier 1 spells can not kill enemies.
    • Tier 2 and Tier 3 spells require Channeling 2 and Channeling 3, thus requiring Mages and Archmages.
    • Added new combatauras, enchantments, etc to Mind/Air/Fire/Water schools.
    • Religious spells are a little bit stronger than arcane ones, but require you to gain Sacred Knowledges.
  6. Religion rebalanced:
    • Move "religion adopting" mechanism from Priest Guild. You can adopt a religion without adopting Priest Guild.
    • Holy city is founded when a player acquired the appropriate Sacred Knowledge of that religion.
    • While adopting religion without Priest Guild is possible, if you want to accumulate Faith faster or access Priests, then you still need to adopt the Priest Guild.
  7. Equipment rebalanced:
    • Military techs now open access to various equipments/weapons.
    • Artisan Guild and Ranger Guild still provide the best equipments/weapons.
    • High tier equipments/weapons now give additional bonus.
    • Each discipline now guaranteed access to various types of equipments/weapons.
  8. Forts and Watermills are now buildable.
  9. Illians' rituals of Winter are now working.
  10. Various other bug fixes and rebalances.
  11. Dispel Magic is working by selecting a tile with hostile units and will dispel buff from those units. We are still working to find the best way to make Dispel Magic is working with friendly units.

Have fun! :goodjob:

Xtended team: esvath, CarnivalBizarre

thanks a lot !!!

That's awesome news :)

Will give it a shot when I got some spare time.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got too excited and made the rookie mistake of forgetting to patch from 1.3 to 2.11 before applying the 4.0 files.
So the correct order of installation is: Master of Mana Full Setup.exe > Master of Mana 2.11.exe > Master of Mana Xtended 4.0.zip (copy the assets folder over the existing one - replace all), just in case someone else had been guessing.

And I didn't read about the feedback posting as well, I must have been far out yesterday to miss so many things.

Which download is it? 2.11 or Full Setup?

As User0918 said:

So the correct order of installation is: Master of Mana Full Setup.exe > Master of Mana 2.11.exe > Master of Mana Xtended 4.1.zip (copy the assets folder over the existing one - replace all), just in case someone else had been guessing.

@all: Thanks, guys. I made an update so please download Xtended 4.1 and share your thought on the mod :)

Xtended 4.1 (17 June 2015)

change log:

1. Bugfixes.
  2. Dispel Magic and Abolish Magic are working now. Just cast them and the spells will remove buff from enemies and debuff from your units.
  3. Changes map generation to place some resources (Patrian Artifacts etc were too rare).
  4. Barbarian trait now gives malus: -20% science, -20% culture, -20% spell research.
  5. Sacred Knowledge are now: free/500/1500/4000/9000 Faith.
  6. Tributes to... GE now cost 50 Faith, making it easier for civs without Priest Guild to accumulate Faith.
  7. Changes Luchuirp's favorite improvement to Quarry, so they'll get more stones for Gargoyles/Golems.
  8. Changes Scion's favorite improvement to Quarry, so they can get more Patrian Artifacts.

Download here.

Ran into a reproducable crash in my game, tried reloading from an earlier autosave and played some cards to mess up the seed pattern but it still happens, turn 475-476, press end turn and it crashes/keeps loading every time for me.

Modfolder named "Master of Mana", version 4.1. Attatched the savefile. :)

Having super much fun with this by the way, really appreciate the great job! :D Looking like the most fun version of FfH I've played to date really which is saying a lot!

Attachments

• Sheaim crash.CivBeyondSwordSave
    421.7 KB · Views: 331
1. Bug: Adventurer is upgradable depandent on Race/Origin. This works fine with the exception of origin: Grigori. When playing Grigori, every Adventurer is upgradeble to Grogori units + units dependent on Origin/Race. When playing Dural every adventurer can be upgraded dependent on Race/Origin, but Origin: Grigorie does not allow any upgrades.

=> upgrading an Adventurer to Grigori units seems to require Civilisation: Grigori, not the promotion Origin: Grigori as it should be.

2. Suggestion: Since barbarians are more aggressive now (which i apriciate), barbarian camps on fields of fire are very anoying since they can't be cleared. Would be nice to see camps only on passable terrain.

3. Suggestion: The results of goody huts are very random. Finding a technology is a little OP and getting 5 XP really suck. I would suggest not giving a whole technology but a, reseach boost, maybe raise the gold rewards a bit and give more xp (like 20 or 25)

1. Bug: Adventurer is upgradable depandent on Race/Origin. This works fine with the exception of origin: Grigori. When playing Grigori, every Adventurer is upgradeble to Grogori units + units dependent on Origin/Race. When playing Dural every adventurer can be upgraded dependent on Race/Origin, but Origin: Grigorie does not allow any upgrades.

=> upgrading an Adventurer to Grigori units seems to require Civilisation: Grigori, not the promotion Origin: Grigori as it should be.

I swear that I've fixed this! Oh well, thanks for the report, I'll fix this (again :crazyeye: )

2. Suggestion: Since barbarians are more aggressive now (which i apriciate), barbarian camps on fields of fire are very anoying since they can't be cleared. Would be nice to see camps only on passable terrain.

I'll check on this.

3. Suggestion: The results of goody huts are very random. Finding a technology is a little OP and getting 5 XP really suck. I would suggest not giving a whole technology but a, reseach boost, maybe raise the gold rewards a bit and give more xp (like 20 or 25)

I'll check on this. If goody hut's results are in xml/python then I can do something to make the results are more balanced.

Ran into a reproducable crash in my game, tried reloading from an earlier autosave and played some cards to mess up the seed pattern but it still happens, turn 475-476, press end turn and it crashes/keeps loading every time for me.

Modfolder named "Master of Mana", version 4.1. Attatched the savefile. :)

Having super much fun with this by the way, really appreciate the great job! :D Looking like the most fun version of FfH I've played to date really which is saying a lot!

Thank you for the kind words! I will check on this save.

I concur. I always put a heavy emphasis on scouting in the beginning and sometimes I was able to get several techs this way (3 max). Which made me start a new game, because the boost you get by this voids any difficulty level, even deity to an extent.

Especially on slow game speeds like Marathon this gives you an "unfair" advantage, can save you 100+ turns per tech in the beginning.

Edit: Aaaand I was about 8 minutes late with this reply, glad it's already under investigation ;D

Is there any particular reason Master of Mana can't be consolidated into one download instead of the Full Setup > 2.11 > Master of Mana Xtended 4.1 workaround?

Is there any particular reason Master of Mana can't be consolidated into one download instead of the Full Setup > 2.11 > Master of Mana Xtended 4.1 workaround?

I guess it is two reasons, download size, and the fact that Xtended is made as a mod for Master of Mana, so in the beginning Esvath only added stuff in the modstructure. Now that we are doing dll stuff as well, that sort of falls apart, but I guess there would be a lot of work to merge all xml files and such. But right now it is a bit of a mess to find what file to change since there are several copies and such in different folders.

As CarnivalBizarre has said.

If we combine Xtended installer with MOM, then each time we update Xtended, you have to download big file. Now, you can download MOM files once, and each time we perform update, download the patch file with smaller size.

Found another, seemingly unrelated reproducible crash, loading autosaves and messing up the seed didn't help, but I did manage to get past this one: I entered the editor and found Nubia(Calabims second City), owned by the Kuriotates with 1 population and its name reading as "Nubia: (set)". Removing the city lets me continue the game again. Save attatched, still having an awesome time with the mod :D

Playing as Amurites.
Crash occuring after end turn 279-280 (right after the save).
The city which seems to be the cause lies just south of my Amurite lands.
Sadly I lost my autosaves during my efforts to find the cause of the crash (Yay hindsight).

PS: Coincidence that the city named Nubia, a region in Egypt gets cursed by Set and crashes my game? I think not! Set obviously just can't take my Amurite awesomeness.

Attachments

• Amurite Crash.CivBeyondSwordSave
    323.8 KB · Views: 454
Is water supposed to be mostly useless? Aside from the resources it seems to get well outproduced by land with no way to improve it.

Top Bottom