SINGLE Most Frustrating Thing in Civ5?

I agree with many of you: random unit hopping.

Sometimes, I'll end up moving a ranged or siege unit into the line of fire because of it, and then poof! the unit's killed. Other times, I'll move the wrong melee unit, and all of a sudden a GG is exposed or other civilian unit that had been stacked there is exposed and killed.

Religious units ignoring open borders and converting your cities while remaining at peace.
Honourable mention to workers that constantly re-ask for orders because there is an enemy piece 10 squares away.

I agree with many of you: random unit hopping.

Sometimes, I'll end up moving a ranged or siege unit into the line of fire because of it, and then poof! the unit's killed. Other times, I'll move the wrong melee unit, and all of a sudden a GG is exposed or other civilian unit that had been stacked there is exposed and killed.

Nah, random unit hopping is the best possible thing ever

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

I miss the advisory screen with overall map. Mini map is much too small and scrolling around is annoying. It would help a lot to make tactical planning.

Sorry OP, can't choose a single one.

The fake "next turn."

The unit hopping.

When the game wants me to do something with a unit and I want to deal with it last, I'll click next unit. Then once I'm done with that one it goes back to the first guy I didn't want to deal with so I click next unit again... over and over for the entire turn.

Sometimes I'll think I've selected a unit, but for some reason it didn't take. I tell what I think is that unit to go somewhere, and I actually told another unit to go there. And I have no idea which one until a worker shows up in the middle of the ocean 9 turns later.

Luckily I haven't encountered the scroll bug.

Sometimes I'll think I've selected a unit, but for some reason it didn't take. I tell what I think is that unit to go somewhere, and I actually told another unit to go there. And I have no idea which one until a worker shows up in the middle of the ocean 9 turns later.

This! which leads me onto the instant unit-ship thing, one of my biggest annoyances. When it selects the wrong unit and you click, you`ll end up with your precious unit in the water for one turn to often be sunk by an enemy ship!

I've been thinking about this for a long time. Other than the sluggishness and the mysterious red and white squares that have started peaking through the landscape, the ting I hate the most is that it stops units from going to where they are going if that space is occupied by something else... even if the unit is several turns away from that spot.

Example... I am trying to get a great prophet next to a city. It is ten turns away from that city... I can't even see the troops surrounding the city, but it stops my prophet from moving because apparently the computer knows that there is something blocking its path. Just keep moving the unit, and then when it gets NEXT to the unit in its way, stop and ask me what to do. Simple.

Does anyone else's game crash every couple turns when getting into the late game, or when exploring unexplored tiles sometimes? My system runs civ flawlessly except for this. Really annoying. Could be because of the earth map I'm using too.

To at least help the endless scroll bug, you can click down on the map, hold down the mouse, and drag back to the position you want. Helps sometimes.

What I really hate is how stupid automated units are, but that's understandable (and nothing new).

I also rage when I get dog piled by the AI, mostly because I always bring it upon myself.

The single most rage inducing thing, though, has to be accidentally right clicking with a unit selected, causing them to jump right in front of the enemy, delay my attack, or lose precious turns.

Perhaps not the worst thing...but pretty annoying is the fact you cannot really continue a game after victory. For example...after winning a cultural victory you cannot construct and launch the spacehip from your capital or move to a UN Vote.

random unit poping ... you are moving your army... sudenly you are on the other side of the world and your level 7 artillery decide to go for a walk around the world instead of finishing the city ... and it is a pain to FIND it as you have no idea what splendid idea of a way to nowhere he took.

same for some worker which because an ennemy unit move "near" him (on the other side of your front) stop building the road you need and if you do not check everytime about 10 turns later you wonder why the last 5 cities are not connected to your empire and have to follow the road until you find the problem...

Agreed that the camera / selection issues are truly ridiculous and frustrating. Really surprising to still have such a basic UI problem in a game that has received so many updates and expansions.

For me it is the AI popping up with useless bits of info like: "I see you're friends with Siam. It is great, I love them, too". Especially if this happens 3 times a turn in the end game: as the turns take a long time, I am often doing something else during the AI turn (reading, cleaning my apartment etc.). It is highly frustrating if I come back after one minute only to see the stupid AI spit out nonsense, and their turn is far from over.

QFT, exactly the same. Especially if they all dislike you late game and like 3 of them have to tell you how worthless you are every turn. I seriously leave AIs with no cities because of this sometimes..

I mean really, some random civ that you basically annihilated, has 1 city in snowy terrain left.. 200 points or something while you are sitting on 2000+ DARES to disturb your rest + time to do other stuff between turns??

4. What a LAME win-screen. I only play for science victory and found the previous civs' movies etc quite good. Now? Well, a sad 1,5 second spaceship leaving. Thanks for the effort!

I wonder if it's possible to mod the Civ IV victory movies in there.

That you get no notice ahead of time that a city will be starving and automatically lose a citizen.

I'm more annoyed that a city that has just lost a citizen due to starvation has an empty food container, which means that if there is still a food shortfall, the city can lose yet ANOTHER citizen.

Top Bottom