Heroes.

Mouthwash

Escaped Lunatic
I want them gone. I don't like the concept and can't fathom that the AI will ever use them properly. Is there a way to switch them off, or to remove all of them manually without shifting through the entire unit list?

I was working on a mod to turn off half of them if you did not play with the Commanders option on and found it not straight forward.

You need to remove the individual entries from XML/Units/CIV4UnitClassInfos.XML as well as remove the file Heroes_CIV4UnitInfos.XML.

I was working on a mod to turn off half of them if you did not play with the Commanders option on and found it not straight forward.

You need to remove the individual entries from XML/Units/CIV4UnitClassInfos.XML as well as remove the file Heroes_CIV4UnitInfos.XML.

Oh thank god. They're all grouped together.

Lara Croft appears to be the only hero left. Where is she in the files?

Thats one of the best parts of this mod, geez . . . .

If we've learned anything by modding c2c, we've learned that no one idea is going to be good for everyone. No matter what it is, someone will hate it.

In fact i like heroes a lot and would be very happy if AI took some lesson how to fight with them :crazyeye:

100 people 101 opinions :)

Where is Lara Croft. :eek2:

In fact i like heroes a lot and would be very happy if AI took some lesson how to fight with them :crazyeye:

100 people 101 opinions :)

You make a good point on the AI. Perhaps next cycle I can put a hero AI together. Particularly for Size Matters they make a great counter to heavily merged units.

Thank you kindly. :hatsoff:

Heroes are static, and nearly all of them are pre-industrial land units. You can't upgrade a medieval hro into a modern hero, and it's the main problem IMO

At one stage the idea was put about that the hero should die in the era after it was intended for.:eek: Having played a mod where the hero did something like this, this I was against it. I always found that the hero would die just as I got them to the front lines but before I got to use them in combat.:crazyeye:

Less of a concern in a mod where fifteen hours of gameplay can pass between eras. :groucho:

Top Bottom