Graphical Paging and Pitboss

Hi everyone, I was wondering if someone ever tried C2C with Pitboss. A long time ago I've imported Koshling's graphical paging in Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn and in Realism Invictus; I tried for a long time to make Pitboss work for RAND, without success because it was crashing straight away; Pitboss stopped crashing when I adapted part of the code for graphical paging so that it was skipped for Pitboss games, specifically

if (!GC.getGameINLINE().isPitboss()) {
updateGraphicalPaging();
}

in CvGame::update().
The problem I have now is that Graphical Paging and Pitboss are not really compatible; I mean, when Graphical Paging is ON everything works smoothly as usual except that if I play a pitboss game some features, units, buildings, etc, are not visible. If I switch off Graphical Paging they're visible again until I switch it on again. Any idea or experience from C2C developers here?
Thanks in advance.

Hey 45* How have you been doing?!

I don't know if Pit Boss has ever come up in C2C discussions.

The more active place to ask this would be The C2C Discord channel. If you have discord installed on your PC. Or PM Toffer90 about it.

Hope family is well and getting all grown up too.

Be Blessed.

Hey Jospeh, everything's ok here, family is well and my son will be 10 in november (yeah, time flies). How about you?
In the meantime I've made some progress with the pitboss thing; it's some time I don't follow C2C development but last time I checked, pitboss didn't work. I've tried to make it work for RAND for a long time, but OOS problems made RAND unplayable with pitboss (it works reasonably well in DirectIP multiplayer). Thanks for the advice, I've joined the discord channel in the meantime.

Last edited:
No one on the C2C team have any pitboss expertise I'm afraid. If Pitboss didn't work last time you tested it with C2C then it certainly won't work now.

No one on the C2C team have any pitboss expertise I'm afraid. If Pitboss didn't work last time you tested it with C2C then it certainly won't work now.

I thought so, but thank you for the reply :)

I think Bill and Koshling took an interest for a moment... AIAndy if I recall may have as well. But none of them are too engaged or at all at the moment.

you'd probably be better off barking around the realmbeyond forums about their pitboss tech stuff. I tried for a day or so to get one going with FFH and there's a lot of complicated tech horsehocky that goes into hosting pitboss games with mods, apparently.

you'd probably be better off barking around the realmbeyond forums about their pitboss tech stuff. I tried for a day or so to get one going with FFH and there's a lot of complicated tech horsehocky that goes into hosting pitboss games with mods, apparently.

I know, I'm on Realmsbeyond too and I've solved my pitboss problems thanks to Ramkhamhaeng there. Graphical Paging is another issue though, but we probably don't need it for our pitboss game.

oh i didn't read who started the thread lmao

its been a sleepy day

Top Bottom