Resource Pack Problem

dlk

Chieftain
I downloaded Glacierheart's Resource Expansion Packs via Steam. They were exactly what I was looking for except for one thing...I can't get them to work !!!! I have all 3 Civ5 ganes on Steam. These are some examples of the problems:
*On a map I had completed it removed all the fish. But, when I went to put the crabs and other resources from the Expansion pack in they show up on a tile but are then invisible on the map ?
*Land Animals also show up as being on the tile but are just the same icon as before (Example: Different types of Cattle) The one that does show up is the pig ????It is a new icon. The rest are borrowed old ones such as the Alpaca which shows up as a sheep. Moose,etc. show up as the old Deer icon.
*Minerals that do show up are the same as the old silver icon and still others are invisible..What puzzles me about that is I also downloaded another persons Copper resource and it shows up fine ???
* The most puzzling of all is the Crop expansion pack. Again they show up as being placed on the map but, except for oats (which uses the wheat icon) they do not show up on the map at all ??? Tobacco does show up as the old Incense icon.
* Other packs also show up as being placed on the map tile but, are also invisible.
* I really admire this man's work in putting these excellent additions to the game and I really want to get them to work properly.Can anyone please help make this happen.
You are dealing primarily with a non-techie here so please be gentle !!! LOL
Thanks, Dave

I also have the same problems with trees and the other packs.

Wrong forum; this subforum is for completed graphic modpacks only and questions go in the main C&C forum. ;)

Except I don't have the proper authority to move the thread. :p

Regarding your questions, I think you should just PM Glacierheart, if he does indeed get on these forums... or else just ask as a comment on the steam workshop page.

*On a map I had completed it removed all the fish. But, when I went to put the crabs and other resources from the Expansion pack in they show up on a tile but are then invisible on the map ?
:confused: Resources don't show up on the map; I assume you mean Strategic View?

Are you running any other mods? It sounds like there might be an incompatibility at work here.
...And I'm now wondering if this "Glacierheart" has Reload Strategic View active in his mod.

It sounds like you're just looking for extra resources as a mod. If that's the case, you might want to try Barathor's More Luxuries and Optimized Resource Distribution Mod.

I downloaded Glacierheart's Resource Expansion Packs via Steam. They were exactly what I was looking for except for one thing...I can't get them to work !!!! I have all 3 Civ5 ganes on Steam. These are some examples of the problems:
*Land Animals also show up as being on the tile but are just the same icon as before (Example: Different types of Cattle) The one that does show up is the pig ????It is a new icon. The rest are borrowed old ones such as the Alpaca which shows up as a sheep. Moose,etc. show up as the old Deer icon.
*Minerals that do show up are the same as the old silver icon and still others are invisible..What puzzles me about that is I also downloaded another persons Copper resource and it shows up fine ???
* The most puzzling of all is the Crop expansion pack. Again they show up as being placed on the map but, except for oats (which uses the wheat icon) they do not show up on the map at all ??? Tobacco does show up as the old Incense icon.
* Other packs also show up as being placed on the map tile but, are also invisible.
* I really admire this man's work in putting these excellent additions to the game and I really want to get them to work properly.Can anyone please help make this happen.
You are dealing primarily with a non-techie here so please be gentle !!! LOL
Thanks, Dave

I am using their Resource_Expansion_Pack, which allows them to appear on random maps. Is that the one you are using? If not, try that one. Right now they are reusing prexsisting models which is why you see the icons you do.

Moderator Action: thread moved to Creation & Customization

Thank you very much. I shall further evaluate the problem. Thanks again !

I downloaded Barathor's Resources and part of them come up as a red checjerboard completely covering the tile I want to place them on. Any one else had this problem ???

Top Bottom