The Big Gamble - new GMR G&K game

To the Egyptians representative:

Move your scout out of the prime city location, or it will be moved for you. We, the Polynesian, understands that you wanted to put a city there, but we were there 1st and if necessary, we will settle a city nearby to prevent you getting this spot.

If you still want to be friend, you will comply with our demands, there is plenty of room for both our empire to expend, there is no need for you to go south.

If you were there first, why is the land occupied by an Egyptian scouting party?

We do not respond well to demands. You have seen at least the southern half of our capital. It is half tundra (the north), and riverless. So, now we must settle only the tundra, to the north? From our point of view, it is you who are being unfriendly, making demands based on false claims. Are you sure, with your poor production from your jungle cities, that you wish to make an Enemy of Egypt?

I do not wish to make an enemy of Egypt, but we will not give unclaimed lands to egypt, and we will settle away from the river to prevent Egypt settling there if need be.

However, there is plenty of lands south of Honolulu for us to settle. What are you offering for the permission to settle west of our beautiful capital?

Ah, it seems reason returns. Let us not be rash, lest we have poor cities in awkward places that make both our empires less productive and/or sow the seeds of war.

We do not actually want the exact spot you have described, but one that is equidistant between our capitals. Let us share this fertile area. If we are allowed to settle west, as you say, we will offer you the luxury resource, once we can work it (not sure if we have calendar yet), for free. This will also be our last city to encroach on your capital. If allowed to settle where we hope to, there will still be room for another good city on the river which flows past our new salt city, all the way to the sea near the cotton. It would be equidistant from our two cities and your capital, I believe it is a forest tile just over the river, with some cattle nearby. If we can make this arrangement work, our territorial claims will be settled, and we will have a solid basis for long cooperation. We offer as well a non-aggression pact for, say, 60 turns? To be renegotiated in perpetuity if desired.

What say you, Kamehameha? Shall we enjoy mutual prosperity and close amity, research agreements and a secure border without need of military competition and its drain on our budgets?

We do agree on the term of this new treaty. Lets make both our empire a strong as they can be!

Excellent and well met, Friend of Egypt. We will honor your aloha spirit with a monument to the gods! If the locations proposed are unclear, shall we have our surveyors be in touch?

We will let you settle where you think it is best for the Egyptians people. We will simply pick a location south of Honolulu.

Well met, Polynesian scout! For many years now, our learned scholars will run around our streets like shocked decapitated fowl while they struggle to understand a world including folk other than those of Mecca.

We will let you settle where you think it is best for the Egyptians people. We will simply pick a location south of Honolulu.

That sounds like a lot of wandering for that settler. We'll send you a map as a PM on these forums after our next turn, indicating the river spot near your capital which would fit nicely with our salt city and the cotton city. We want you to grow strong with us, friend. Let's not waste time with long migrations.

Off to the cottage for the thanksgiving weekend back on Monday or Tuesday. Vacation mode is on, be nice to my ai if anyone ever finds me:)

Say EEE. How does your capital city tile make 4 food? Is there a lux. resource under there?

He's secretly allied with a few maritime city states and went Tradition. Kill him before it's too late!

Nice attempt by the propaganda minister of whatever devious nation. Next time it may be more convincing if backed by some truth.

I don't think E likes that joke.

I don't think we can nuke anyone back to the stone age, while we're still in the stone age!

Top Bottom