I'm sooo lucky...

pepoluan

Chieftain
I'm making this thread for all players who had been lucky with the Civ4 RNG ;)

Let me start:

Last night, I started a game as Catherine.

Third hut, got a Settler. Settled south of Moscow... and found myself next-door neighbor to Joao. Three warriors later, Joao was no more.

Meanwhile, my two earlier scouters found warriors and scouts, freeing me from having to create scouts on my own.

When Lisbon expanded, the next turn a hut gave me Iron Working. And whaddaya know... there's a nice Iron deposit just outside Lisbon's BFC...

Several turns later, a hut gave me... Horseback Riding! Too bad the nearest horse was within the Spain influence. No matter. Mass-produced Swordsmen, and Isabella quit.

My expansion and conquest somehow isolated Mehmet in the peninsular land down south (didn't sign Open Borders). After building a SoD, I started conquering the Ottoman lands... when my wayward Scout, trying out his luck scouting in the warzone, triggered "this mysterious slick oily substance"...

Yup. Found Oil all over the map. Although I'm still several centuries away from Combustion :D

What's your Lucky Story?

What are you playing on, Chieftain? Goody huts never pop settlers at intermediate levels or above.

Right, they're not available once you move past Warlord, on which a hut has a 5% chance of spawning a Settler, and on the two lower levels it's 10%. So... party lucky, partly human advantages.

I was playing Warlord. So, Settlers no longer pop out huts in harder levels? That's ... challenging :)

That said, I don't often have Settlers from huts, only once or twice before, even playing Chieftain. So, I'll still attribute this to luck :D

Surviving with a cata vs longbow attack (0.4% chance) only to lose 3 macemen with 90%+ victory chances

Top Bottom