Longhouse 13
Mud Pyramid Mosque 18
Paper Maker 24
Pyramid 25
Satrap's Court 20
Stele 24
Walls of Babylon 9 (-2)
Wat 24

Bazaar : Played as Arabia. Absolutely delighted. I always love to swim in cash in G&K.
Walls of Bablyon : I really don't like these defensive UB. I have a feeling they are just wasting a spot there.

Bazaar 23
Burial Tomb 21
Ceilidh Hall 21
Coffee House 19
Floating Gardens 22
Longhouse 13
Mud Pyramid Mosque 18 +1 = 19
Paper Maker 24
Pyramid 25
Satrap's Court 20
Stele 24
Walls of Babylon 9 -2 = 7
Wat 24

The Walls of Babylon are good for their purpose, yeah, but that purpose is really boring and not generally useful to a lot of players.
Mud Pyramid Mosques, on the other hand, are very good! The bonus culture and gold is always appreciated, and who cares that the building doesn't give more faith? There is no problem with this UB, and it shouldn't have been downvoted so early.

Bazaar 23
Burial Tomb 21
Ceilidh Hall 21
Coffee House 19
Floating Gardens 23
Longhouse 13
Mud Pyramid Mosque 19
Paper Maker 24
Pyramid 25
Satrap's Court 20
Stele 24
Walls of Babylon 5
Wat 24

Floating Gardens : Still a great UB. Give me some lakes and rivers and i will make the most populous empire of the world.

Walls of Babylon : Everything with the word wall inside deserves a downvote.

Bazaar 23

Floating Gardens : Still a great UB. Give me some lakes and rivers and i will make the most populous empire of the world.

Yeah, I love the floating gardens too. Incidentally, I don't think I've ever rolled a game as the Aztec and had lakes within reach in my map.

Bazaar 23
Burial Tomb 21
Ceilidh Hall 21
Coffee House 17 (-2) An underwhelming building that doesn't mesh well with Austria IMO. Austria wants money and happiness. This building gives you neither. You do get a tiny boost to unit production, but unit count has never been Austria's problem. Makes me wonder if this was made a weak UB just to counter the very strong UA...
Floating Gardens 23
Longhouse 13
Mud Pyramid Mosque 19
Paper Maker 25 (+1) Gold is so tough to come by in the early game since trading posts got moved back... unless you're the Chinese. This +2 gold library acts like a +4 building (since library is normally 2 maintenence cost). That's just HUGE in the early game. Factor in a really early tech path placement and this building is golden. Get it? GOLDEN. Pyramid 25
Satrap's Court 20
Stele 24
Walls of Babylon 5
Wat 24

Bazaar 23
Burial Tomb 21
Ceilidh Hall 21
Coffee House 17
Floating Gardens 23
Longhouse 13
Mud Pyramid Mosque 17
Paper Maker 25
Pyramid 26
Satrap's Court 20
Stele 24
Walls of Babylon 5
Wat 24

Pyramid: Science boost in early game is huge and just gets better when ICS.

Mud Pyramid Mosque: A good UB but i just fell the others are better. +2 culture and no maintenance is good but not great!

Bazaar 23
Burial Tomb 21
Ceilidh Hall 22 (+1)
Coffee House 17
Floating Gardens 23
Longhouse 13
Mud Pyramid Mosque 17
Paper Maker 25
Pyramid 26
Satrap's Court 20
Stele 24
Walls of Babylon 3 (-2)
Wat 24

Recently played as celts and I must say, the extra happiness is a real beaut. Ceilidh Hall is one of my favs, and an overall very nice UB.

Anytime you make a UB out of a very crappy building, it's not going to be good. Walls of Babylon are not very useful, and neither are plain walls.
(I find it funny how Babylon made the top 3 for Civilization ET, but both their UU and UB got lots of hate on UU ET and UB ET)

pensivepeppers' vote
Bazaar 23
Burial Tomb 21 - 2 = 19
Ceilidh Hall 22
Coffee House 17
Floating Gardens 23
Longhouse 13
Mud Pyramid Mosque 17
Paper Maker 25 + 1 = 26
Pyramid 26
Satrap's Court 20
Stele 24
Walls of Babylon 3
Wat 24

Downvote: While I appreciate the benefits of the Burial Tomb's maintenance free culture, the true reason for the downvote is that I can't tolerate using hammers to build something that gives the enemy an additional bounty on capturing it.

Upvote: It's harder to find something that I really like, so I chose a UB based on a building that is highly prioritized in almost every standard game I play: the Paper Maker based on the Library. This is the true strength of the Paper Maker, in my opinion, and why certain UBs like the ones based on defensive structures are consistently downvoted. The only time Walls and Castles are really needed is when your cities are being consistently swarmed...but that doesn't happen every single turn of the game.

In contrast, players ALWAYS want more research on almost every single turn of the game, because research unlocks better things. If I have to have to use up one of my Civs Unique slots on a building, why not make it a building that is a high priority in every game I play?

I have updated the OP to include the demise of the Mughal Fort.

Here are my picks for today:

Bazaar 23
Burial Tomb 19
Ceilidh Hall 22
Coffee House 17
Floating Gardens 23
Longhouse 13
Mud Pyramid Mosque 17
Paper Maker 27 (+1)
Pyramid 26
Satrap's Court 20
Stele 24
Walls of Babylon 1 (-2)
Wat 24

Paper Maker is great. I want to build a Library in all my cities. A maintenance free Library which also provides +2 :c5gold: is even better. The early buildability (Writing technology) and the fact that puppets prioritize this building are both the icing on the cake for this all around great UB.

The Wall of Babylon...yeah, not so great. Okay for beefing up defenses against an early DOW, but that is about it. Doesn't mesh well with the Babylon UA either (I tend to put off Masonry tech to concentrate on :c5science: when playing Babylon).

Here are todays picks:

Bazaar 23
Burial Tomb 19
Ceilidh Hall 23 (+1)
Coffee House 17
Floating Gardens 23
Longhouse 13
Mud Pyramid Mosque 17
Paper Maker 27
Pyramid 26
Satrap's Court 20
Stele 24
Walls of Babylon 1
Wat 22 (-2)

Ceilidh Hall: +3 :) is a lot when going wide, delays the construction of Theaters by offering a culture building as an alternative.

Wat: I Don't see what the fuss is about, a little extra culture in tall empires isn't a huge bonus. And as the Legalism, well its optimum now to finish the tree ASAP to get Aquaducts, so its useless there also!

Bazaar 23
Burial Tomb 19
Ceilidh Hall 23
Coffee House 17
Floating Gardens 23
Longhouse 13
Mud Pyramid Mosque 17
Paper Maker 27
Pyramid 27 (+1)
Satrap's Court 20
Stele 24
Walls of Babylon 0 - ELIMINATED
Wat 22

Pyramid - this is awesome and gives you an early lead.
Walls of Babylon - better walls might save you one unit to defend the one city the AI choose to attack time after time.

Bazaar 23
Burial Tomb 19
Ceilidh Hall 24 (+1) conquer the world at about this time so alwys need the :)
Coffee House 17
Floating Gardens 23
Longhouse 13
Mud Pyramid Mosque 17
Paper Maker 25 (-2) while making it cheaper is nice i usually have no problems with $$
Pyramid 27
Satrap's Court 20
Stele 24
Wat 22

Bazaar 24
Burial Tomb 19
Ceilidh Hall 24
Coffee House 17
Floating Gardens 23
Longhouse 13
Mud Pyramid Mosque 17
Paper Maker 25
Pyramid 27
Satrap's Court 20
Stele 22
Wat 22

Bazaar produces a ridiculous amount of gold. A little extra faith isn't that big of a deal, with just shrines I'm still usually one of the first 3 to produce religion.

Wat: I Don't see what the fuss is about, a little extra culture in tall empires isn't a huge bonus. And as the Legalism, well its optimum now to finish the tree ASAP to get Aquaducts, so its useless there also!
It's not a little extra :c5culture:. It is essentially +12 :c5culture:, +33% :c5science:, and 8 scientist slots for free by timing Legalism just after Education in a tall 4 city empire! That really speeds up the research and future social policies in a big way!

Bazaar 24
Burial Tomb 20 (+1)
Ceilidh Hall 24
Coffee House 17
Floating Gardens 23
Longhouse 10 (-3)
Mud Pyramid Mosque 17
Paper Maker 25
Pyramid 27
Satrap's Court 20
Stele 22
Wat 22

Very tough choice at this point...

The burial tomb is really nice. Happiness, faith and gold in the form of free maintenance for very cheap and very early.

Not that the longhouse is bad, I really like it, its just that it gets weaker as forests disappear, which tends to happen in the cities youll be conquering from other civs.

Bazaar 24
Burial Tomb 20 (+1)
Ceilidh Hall 24
Coffee House 17
Floating Gardens 23
Longhouse 10 (-3)
Mud Pyramid Mosque 17
Paper Maker 22 (-3) Its a good building sure - but does it provide as much momentum as others... I don't think so. Its why I have it on my lists as the 5th-7th best building. It seems to rack up a decent amount of points so voting it down
Pyramid 28 (+1) Like I said an amazing building. It just takes building 1 city and a road [Messenger of the Gods which with the Maya is normally not hard to get] to match the science of an academy along with +4 faith. And as shrines are ultra low hammer buildings they match up extremely well for ICS. Build a Pyramid in a city turn one - then build a discounted Atlatlist to defend it. Synergy just works very well
Satrap's Court 20
Stele 22
Wat 22

Bazaar produces a ridiculous amount of gold. A little extra faith isn't that big of a deal, with just shrines I'm still usually one of the first 3 to produce religion.

Haha. It's a little more than "a little extra faith." It's the same as the temple without building or teching the shrine or temple.

Bazaar 24
Burial Tomb 20
Ceilidh Hall 24
Coffee House 17
Floating Gardens 23
Longhouse 11
Mud Pyramid Mosque 17
Paper Maker 23
Pyramid 28
Satrap's Court 20
Stele 22
Wat 22

We are only taking 2 points off for negative votes. I have corrected the list from post #76 and #77.

Bazaar 24
Burial Tomb 20
Ceilidh Hall 24
Coffee House 17
Floating Gardens 23
Longhouse 11
Mud Pyramid Mosque 17
Paper Maker 23
Pyramid 28
Satrap's Court 20
Stele 22
Wat 22

We are only taking 2 points off for negative votes. I have corrected the list from post #76 and #77.

Your poll is too hard--I like ALL of these. ;)

Top Bottom