FFH style ALC game

That tech plan looks like 2 play sessions, not one. I'd do CoL before RoK, because despite what the perfectionists say, Holy Cities really aren't that big a deal. Its more important to get the gold rolling in, and that needs the aristofarms. Theres also a possibility that you should get Construction and Sanitation before RoK, but without screenshots showing your situation its difficult to call. Do your cities have enough grassland/flood plain tiles to farm without needing irrigation chaining? If no, then research Construction. Are you in a time of peace, with reasonable hammer outputs and close to your happycap? If yes, then research Sanitation.

Also, I wouldn't research Hunting yourself. Better to tech trade or extort it from a CPU. Get Knowledge of the Ether instead and build a couple of Adepts so you'll have some ready mages one day.

Oh... and you can post a save instead of a screenie someone else could then post the screenshots as needed.

:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:
Why didn't i think of that:sad:
:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

Do'h the save, the save!:wallbash:

If someone could so good as to post some sceenies.

Screen requests - over views of current cities showing resources and improvements and maybe possible new city locations and over view of immediately neighbouring enemies.

Wohoo photos coming...:) if i get them right... Got it, thanks to Emptiness and Meatbuster.

Resources
Spoiler :

Spoiler Empire Overview :
Spoiler : Here's how to display a photobucket image :
· Post the image to photobucket.
· Browse to the image on the photobucket web site.
· Click the "Share" link that appears at the top of the image on mouseover.
· Click on the "Get link code" tab of the popup that appears.
· Under the section "IMG for bulletin boards & forums" highlight the text in the box labeled "Full size".
· Right-click on the selection and choose "Copy" from the context menu.
· Login to civfanatics and start a post.
· Click the "Insert Link" icon above the post field (looks like a globe behind two links of a chain).
· When requested for the url of your image right-click on the highlighted "http://" and choose paste from the context menu, then click "Ok".
· Complete your post, including other images as desired, and submit.

Next two posts contain all screens currently taken (let me know if you need any other).

Galveholm
Spoiler :

Radonnor
Spoiler :

Altheriol
Spoiler :

Conrond
Spoiler :

Clar
Spoiler :

Overwiew cities
Spoiler :

Map north east
Spoiler :

Map north west
Spoiler :

Map south west
Spoiler :

Map south east
Spoiler :

More city sites than I know what to do with.

While most of the cities screenshotted can be Aristo-farmed now and all of them with Construction with minimal effort, some of the future city sites will not give a quick short term return. It looks like about 4 could be placed in direct contact with fresh water, for a total of 11 cities which is enough to win the game with. Given the incredible rapidity with which Tasunke can acquire cities I suspect the maintenance costs will feel painful enough shortly.

Great work d72, thanks for that.:goodjob:

So, are my planned city sites ok?

What about the tech path i suggested? I feel RoK should teched as soon as possible since it is a popular tech and if we don't grab it soon the dwarfs are bound to research it soon, if they aren't already.

I like ROK just so I can set up a small army of Priests of Kilimorph to send with conquering armies so you can get your Market/Temple of Kilimorph/Courthouse maintenance reduction plan set up quickly.

Also, with the dwarves so close I wouldn't worry too much. Soon enough they will be under your thumb and you may even get the tablets built for free.

Noticed quite a couple of your planned city sites are in the north east. I'd opt to go south to hit all the dye/gold/Ygg/gems. Cities with around 2 of those resources should easily pay off their own maintenance.

Besides thats where Perp/Alexis are, two of the "strongest" civs at the moment. Settling towards them would certainly help to limit their expansion.
The city growth might be slow at first due to the jungles, but its nothing a legion of workers can't solve~ :lol:
There's even a nice river running through the south that you could follow.

I would suggest leaving the jungle to the AI. Let them expand into it and do the work of cutting it down, and then when they have decent cities there we can take them. Expanding North and West offers city sites that won't require as many worker-turns to develop.

I'd like to see the Luchuirp as our next conquest. It's hard to be sure, but it looks like they haven't expanded much. They've got Remnants of Patria and Pyre of the Seraphic to the NW of their capitol, so there ought to be at least two good city sites in their territory. Also, by the look of it, that will establish our territory as a line from coast to coast, which will isolate the area to the North from AI interference with our expansion.

Going back to post #40, I noticed the build order was the following:

worker -> warrior -> warrior -> warrior -> warrior -> scout -> warrior

And that by this time we had a size 6 city.

Normally I build a settler much sooner than this, usually after 1 worker and a couple of warriors. Mind you, in this case it worked great: all those warriors allowed us to rush O-G and claim a very nice 2nd city. But generally speaking, is the advice to build up to your happy cap first, *then* build a settler? Or do people build a settler asap (as soon as it is safe to do so)?

I typically get to happy cap before I build a WORKER much less a settler, but I also don't play Diety.

I'd say warrior>worker and then a smattering of other warriors, scouts, etc. until at least size 4 with another worker being optional there until happy cap is reached. I never do settlers until I reach happy cap though. Once I hit the cap though I should have enough warriors camped around to defend quite a few new cities as I push my borders with a full out REX.

Usually i build warriors first to look after my capital, so don't get caught out when the first barbs appear, and i put off the first worker until around pop 2/3. It depends on what resources are nearby and what techs i have. And only build settlers once i have developed enougth good tiles to bring down the build times or when there are no more squares that i can improve that will add significant food or hammers for building settlers. And terrain and situation also have a bearing on when to start building settlers. If you got close neighbours, you might rex early so you can grab the land you need to expand more forcefully, or if you got a poor capital you might build a settler early to grab a better city site that will allow you to build settlers quicker.

Anyway back to the game.

I like the idea of settling to the south and west and taking out the luchuirp. I have had time to look at the save recently but i think they still only have one city, gods know what they have been building instead of settlers, lets hope it is a bunch of wonders/ buildings and not a stack of wariors.

So, the plan is to build up my existing cities, expand as i can, to the south and west until a get to the whatsit tree, while slowly building up an army. Then take out the luchuirp for a third good capital site:D.
Question is, do i build up a big army, then declare war on them and take the capital and keep/burn any other cities they have built. Or do i build a horse/axe containment force, declare war on them early, before they can expand or make friends that will be upset, and just sit back pillaging and picking off the odd unit until i can build a force capable of taking the capital?

BTW the two unique features inside their borders are on the other side of a strip of water, to get there you have to go south to the ex elohim lands, west then north and pass a other civ, its a long way round, or build a boat. so we would have to rely on border popping to keep them.

My guess is that the Luchuirp has gone stupid - trying to research some advanced tech without first researching techs to improve his starting area, for example.

I don't recommend a slow war with someone confined to a single city. He'll start stockpiling warriors in his capitol, and cracking it will be a pain. I suggest building up a large force and then declaring war just as you enter his territory to take Ithralia.

Also, if no one has built Pact of the Nilhorn yet, that is probably the reason the Lurchip are so locked down. In a LOT of my games dwarves in general seem to be obsessed with building that project to their own detriment.

They could also have received the harpy event and spent the past 100 turns in anarchy.

An overview shot of the outlying areas would be helpful as well. Especially the Balseraphs, Calabim, and Ljosalfar. But also the Malakim to the west (and whatever is next to them) and the Doviello to the East (and whatever is farther east from them).

It also looks like the Luchuirp are trying to build a road all around the sea to the Remnants of Patria on the other side.

I would suggest settling Ygg first and then the unmarked spot 4 west of the Mirror to secure access, lock in the Luchuirp and then settle counterclockwise the next three marked spots.

Yay me! Just won a domination victory with the luchuirp on a huge map, marathon speed, by turn 971.:king:

Anyway, next to the malakim are the amuites. East of the devio were the bannor, now part of the devio empire, between the ex bannor lands and where the devio is where that big red dragon is.

So, the plan to build up a big army, then declare war on them and take the capital and keep/burn any other cities they have built. While i am building up the army, settle west and use the barbs to gain xp. I will settle the two nearest spots first, then settle west starting with the yggy tree site first.

Tech plan is: Ed.(15) -> RoK(31) -> CoL(25) -> Sani(42) -> KotE -> Currency(70) -> Writing(30) -> Trade(30) -> Philo(20) -> WotW(22) -> Honor(55) -> Arete(50) -> Hunting(30 we need to expand north)
I will probably revise this when i open the save and have a look at it.

Are you planning aristograrian? If so you can hold off on education and do Way of the Earthmother (ROK) first. I'd then shoot straight for CoL so you can aristofarm.
After that I'd do writing since that will make your later research go much faster as you build libraries and hopefully the Great Library.
After that I'd go KotE, but you should research a magic school tech so you can alter some nodes after you get KotE otherwise KotE isn't of much use imo.
Why rush honor and then arete? If you are switching to Emperyan don't waste tech time on Arete

Top Bottom