REQUEST: Custom animated leaderscene help/tutorial please

Wodhann

South American Norse God
I am really interested in creating custom animated Leader scenes but browsing the forum it seems like the kind of thing very few people do and those who do don't seem to explain how it works. I've not seen any tutorial on this even though I've seen a few people managing to do it. Maybe I failed to search throroughly but I don't think I did.

So I have some questions: ... How do you do it?

Can you create custom animations or do you have to use existing ones?

In fact, what can you create from scratch and what do you need to use that's pre-existing?

Can you configure sounds and voice lines to come out whenever you want or do you have to time them to existing leader's sound cues?

Anyway, I'm basically requesting help for those interested in creating full fledged Leaderscenes - but an in-depth tutorial would be awesome if someone had the time to write it.

I'll do a tutorial at some point. It would be a combination of my civ4 leaderhead tutorial and what is done with making civ5 units.

Custom animations can be done but I haven't gone that route for civ5. Animations can be created in blender, I did it with civ4.

Overall, you caught us in the beginning of civ5 modding. Start with a custom unit first and go from there.

I'll do a tutorial at some point. It would be a combination of my civ4 leaderhead tutorial and what is done with making civ5 units.

Custom animations can be done but I haven't gone that route for civ5. Animations can be created in blender, I did it with civ4.

Overall, you caught us in the beginning of civ5 modding. Start with a custom unit first and go from there.
Is Blender the only program you can use for it? I'm more accostumed to 3dsmax.

Thanks for the answer

Blender is all I work with. But the actual civ5 stuff was done with 3dsmax. Have you been able to import the gr2s into your 3dsmax?
I guess that is something I will have to try. I didn't know this kind of stuff was so early into trial-and-error phase - I was expecting to learn the theory before going into practice.

I'm looking foward to your tutorial, though.

I guess first thing for you would definitely be getting a whole custom animated unit into the game, just to familiarise yourself with the modding tools. Most of people here use Blender but I've done it with Maya, and im sure it will be the same process with 3ds max. I'm quite looking forward to see more custom made unit!

I'm as well waiting for Ekmek's tutorial to know the process of getting a leader head into the game, but I think I'll try to start juggling around with it when I've got some time on my hands. I'm sure I can manage to start something with Kaels guide and the tutorials to get 2D leaderheads in the game. Biggest part would be animating the leader!

Top Bottom