Deity Introduction Guide for Julius Ceasar

Actually, it isn't as easy as you think. IMO, a deity win is a deity win, especially for people who are just trying out the deity level.

The last time I heard a comment like that, it was from some kid who couldn't even hold his own on Monarch, yet still tweaked 100 & 1 things to his favour, and then even had the nerve to cheat by turning on perm-alliance. Then he allied with the strongest space race civ early, and did nothing while letting his ally win the whole game for him.

Then every other amateur player was able to ohhh & ahhh at how great a player he was...

The last time I heard a comment like that, it was from some kid who couldn't even hold his own on Monarch, yet still tweaked 100 & 1 things to his favour, and then even had the nerve to cheat by turning on perm-alliance. Then he allied with the strongest space race civ early, and did nothing while letting his ally win the whole game for him.

Then every other amateur player was able to ohhh & ahhh at how great a player he was...
While I'd wholeheatidly agree that this seems like a pretty cheap way to win, is there a common agreement here that perm-alliance is a big cheat?

In many games, I click it on as an afterthought, but I can only remember one game where I actually benefited from it (and I feel the other civ benefited more). In a game I'm currently playing, two other civ's have teamed up, making it more difficult for me, per se.

While I'd wholeheatidly agree that this seems like a pretty cheap way to win, is there a common agreement here that perm-alliance is a big cheat?

In many games, I click it on as an afterthought, but I can only remember one game where I actually benefited from it (and I feel the other civ benefited more). In a game I'm currently playing, two other civ's have teamed up, making it more difficult for me, per se.

obsolete consider most non-standard settings to be cheating :p. According to hof permanent alliances are allowed, though they do obviously make the higher levels an insane amount easier...

Oh and winning on the higher levels with romans is still not too hard, the AI just can't handle praets..

Agree with obsolete here, deity can often be beaten with correct play. So why would you rig the settings to take out the challenge? If i did't want the challenge i'd play emperor or maybe immortal with a strong leader.

Agree with obsolete here, deity can often be beaten with correct play. So why would you rig the settings to take out the challenge? If i did't want the challenge i'd play emperor or maybe immortal with a strong leader.

It is pretty simple, you want to play with whatever rigged setting(be it PA or marathon or a special map or romans or whatever), but you want it as hard as possible. You don't get it as hard as possible without playing diety...

I don't think the anarchy still works. Praet rushes, just like quecha rushes might still work even on deity, no idea. It's just so boring to play with this kind of rush...For me civ4 is an economic/diplomacy game in the end, of course you need a war sometimes to achieve goals but i don't like early rushes, usually there's not much strategy involved here.

I'm sure this idea works great, but I'm kinda stuck here. :D In front of me I have a Hannibal that has declared war on me and has 1 swordsman, 1 axeman, 1 spearman and 3 archers ready to raze my warriorless city (1880 BC.) I got 2 workers and got iron working really early, actually I got bronze working before I finished my first warrior and my population was already 4 before I got my settler. Iron is just out of my 2nd city's grasp, not like it's of any importance now. What did I screw up? :crazyeye:

Heh, I completely forgot about this. I thought I was pretty hot poopoo for doing this on immortal, but, lo, I'm still a Monarch player.

I have been playing with Agustus in Immortal Setting on Pangea Map and won my first Domination and Diplomacy wins there.
But with using your tactic I was able to destroy Ramses on Duel Deity. He was very unluck as he had no Iron nor Horses and I pillaged his only copper early in the war.
The RnG factor is huge I will try to win deity with 2 players but I am not sure how I can maintain my army continue fighting. I have 0% research and was burning everything in my path to maintain.
Thanks for the tip!

Top Bottom