DLCs after Brave New World

I rather see a third expansion\Civ VI instead of DLCs. Its a pain in the ass to even use DLCs on multiplayer with one person joining the game and disabling it for everyone else.

I have reason to believe most people who don't have the DLC now are just steam haters who miss the 75% sales every year.

I really would like to see
Sumer
Hittite
Hungary
Khmer
Mali
Phoenicia
Israel
Serbia
Vietnam
Italy
Goths
Inuits

The amount of new systems in this expansion and Dennis' phrasing in the Q&A suggests there won't be any more releases until Civ 6.

I don't see why they should start Civ 6 just yet, I mean come on, it will be like the Civ 4 - Civ 5 transition. We'll have hardly any of the features from the previous game, maybe 18-20 civs and will have to wait years for Expansions and DLC to make it a decent game.

Said this on another thread but it would be nice if we could get a Game of the Year DLC that includes past civs from the series:

Sioux - debuted in Civ 2
Hittite - debuted in Civ 3: Conquests
Sumerian - debuted in Civ 3: Conquests
Mali - debuted in Civ 4
Holy Roman Empire - debuted in Civ 4: Beyond the Sword
Khmer - debuted in Civ 4: Beyond the Sword

Throw in two or three more fan favorites: Pueblo, Canada and Australia.

For future expansion - less time to process turns!!! I will be 100% satisfied :)

Said this on another thread but it would be nice if we could get a Game of the Year DLC that includes past civs from the series:

Sioux - debuted in Civ 2
Mali - debuted in Civ 4

Pueblo would be out of the picture for the same reasons it was with BNW, so you'd probably be looking at the Inuit or someone if what they said in the polycast was true. Likewise, I'd probably replace Mali with the Kongo, as Mali occupy the exact same region as the Songhai, which is a no-no for non-European countries in the game apparently

I can't really think of any worthy *major* civs to add in at this point, save maybe Sioux or Cherokee. Most of the civs that are repeatedly mentioned - Israel, Serbia, Vietnam, etc. - all make sense to be minor civs, ie CITY STATES, as opposed to majors.

And as others have pointed out, we pretty much have all the main civs covered. Then there are others like Italy and Phoenicia which will overlap too much with the existing Romans and Carthaginians, etc.

Honestly, i think another New World Civ would be good, and possibly another African.

BNW hit a lot of my civ wishes. Of what's left, I'd like to see:

Vietnam
Silk Road civ
Central or West African civ
Native American civ not Plains or Eastern Woodland

Sioux - debuted in Civ 2
Mali - debuted in Civ 4

I agree with them all exept 4 of them.
1. The HRE? That is generally a terrible choice of civ and is mainly despised by much of the fanbase.
2. Although I'd like to see the Pueblo, the fact the Pueblo Council said no means there is an extremely low chance of them coming into the game.
3/4. The same reasons go to why Canada and Australia shouldn't be added - They're both very modern, still have the British Queen as an official head of state and also the reason being modern didn't exclude Brazil and the US is because they have both become World Superpowers and have achieved alot, the same cannot be said for these two.

The reasoning behind them I believe is that they (with the exception of Pueblo, Australia and Canada) have all been in previous games, while Canada and Australia had been mentioned by Dennis and Ed on the Polycast as being considered for the spot that Brazil had, while the Khmer and Vietnam were considered for Indonesia's slot.

I'd like to see:

-Hungary
-Vietnam
-Kongo
-Timurids
-Gran Colombia
-Hittites
-Mixtec/Zapotecs

I want to make a case for Gran Colombia because the game could use a spanish speaking post colonial, we have England-America, Portugal-Brazil, and Spain-?. Bolivar could be all about diplo boosts for liberating cities, Venice, and Austria worst nightmare.

While I'd like to see Mexico, I think the game could use another mesoamerican, it wasnt all Aztec and Mayans, and the Mixtec under Eight Deer Jaguar Claw fits all the criteria, we have a well documented leader who actually unified its people (unlike Pacal) with their own unique culture and art. Besides the Mixtec also conquered much of the Zapotec lands, their city list certainly wouldnt be hard to fill out. Even language wise it shouldnt be hard for Firaxis to find a speaker, Mixtec is alive and kicking.

The DLC that I would like, or simply see as the realistic choices are
-Kongo: an in demand African civ
-Vietnam: also in demand, though the Khmer would work too
-Argentina: a solid South American option that is Brazil's main rival on the continent
-Mughals: a completely different ethnic group than India that still splits it up
-Cherokee: a major Native American tribe with some interesting science/diplomatic options
-Nubia: a good ancient civs that balances out the more modern choices
-Hungary: one of the dominant powers in the Middle Ages

Together, these represent sort of the scope of the world, as well as the various time periods and play style options. I personally don't love all of them, but because I think that they are the most likely (excluding Mughals which are my pet favorite) I support them all. Special mentions go to Canada, Ukraine, and the Ashanti though.

The reasoning behind them I believe is that they (with the exception of Pueblo, Australia and Canada) have all been in previous games, while Canada and Australia had been mentioned by Dennis and Ed on the Polycast as being considered for the spot that Brazil had, while the Khmer and Vietnam were considered for Indonesia's slot.

This is correct. I don't want other civs excluded for these choices, but it does place a nice tidy bow on the series. Personally, my favorite for the fan-favorite slot would be Kongo.

I am interested in the comment about the fan hate for the Holy Roman Empire. I wasn't aware it was despised by fans. Historically it lasted for almost 1,000 years. Is it because of the overlap with France, Germany, and Italy?

This is correct. I don't want other civs excluded for these choices, but it does place a nice tidy bow on the series. Personally, my favorite for the fan-favorite slot would be Kongo.

I am interested in the comment about the fan hate for the Holy Roman Empire. I wasn't aware it was despised by fans. Historically it lasted for almost 1,000 years. Is it because of the overlap with France, Germany, and Italy?

It's a stretch to call the HRE a civilisation - it is strictly a political entity. Any civilisation amongst it is represented in the game between Germany, Austria and Spain and probably others. But I'd still want HRE.

Perhaps a new DLC should look at fleshing out the existing civs in any case. A DLC to add in a UB to those with two UUs and a UU to those with a UB/UI and UU. But perhaps too much balancing would need to go into this for its worth.

In any case, I throw my support in for Hungary, but I'm not really compelled by anything else that could realistically be called a civ.

EDIT: Nope, I lie. I'd be quite interested in a religious-mountainous Nepal.

I'd like to see Canada in the game as a symbol of progression and diplomacy. Besides, who doesn't love: O Canada, Terre de Nos Aieux, etc.? Just kidding, haha. I think it'd be wonderful to play as the Canadians.

Canada:

Unique Unit: The Mounty (+35% combat within Canada, +10% happiness in any city with the unit in an adjacent tile, +.3 Nationwide happiness per Mounty with Freedom)

Unique Building: Fur-Post (+2 GPT per trade route originating from a city w/ this building, +3GPT w/ fur)

Unique Ability: Strive for Success (+ 1 influence per turn w/ City States after discovering Printing Press, +7 Science per turn per Civilization you have a DoF with after discovering Printing Press)

Top Bottom