How is Civ5 now? (Sorry couldnt find another thread like this)

mattavich

Civ5 Fanatic
I genuinely liked Civ5 on release, however i havent bought the expansions yet.

I'm scared of information overload with 2 new expansions.

Can you tell me how much the game has improved with the 2 new expansions?

Do you feel the game is much more interesting with the expansions?

How is the "just one more turn" feeling these days?

I genuinely liked Civ5 on release, however i havent bought the expansions yet.

I'm scared of information overload with 2 new expansions.

Don't worry about information overload. As with vanilla, information is accessible when you want it, but not in your face. The new features are neatly incorporated into the flow of game. It didn't take me long to understand the new features. If all fails consult your assistant and/or the help section.

The game improved immensely with Gods and Kings. Many tweaks to combat and other things, and the introduction of religion and spying. Brave New World fixed the lacking end game and added tons of great stuff like trade routes and a overhauled culture victory. Both expansions are highly recommended. You can upgrade your vanilla version to a gold version on steam. Don't remember how much it was, but it includes Gods and Kings.

I would upgrade straight to BNW, there are settings in the interface options to set where it will guide you through the changes to both expansions.

Nothing is drastically different but at the same time much more enjoyable.

If you can play Civilization 5 Vanilla, it won't take long for you to adjust to G&K and BNW. Besides, the advisors help a lot.

A lot. From diplomacy to AI improvements to religion and espionage and naval combat to world congress to tile changes to wonders and buildings to techs and policies etc etc

Yeah

The AI still sucks at 1UPT

I just clicked "Play Now" and dove right in.

I'm bad at Civ5, but I can still win on King.

I haven't finished the game yet, but the stagnant gameplay of vanilla has disappeared. There are so many more ways to play the game now and it made me much less aggressive. The repercussions of war and conflict with other civs are much greater, making war a last option for me.

I'm really impressed with these 2 expansions, together they've add so many new ways to play.

The only problem is I don't know where to start and some of the new mechanics confuse me. Tourism especially.

I just clicked "Play Now" and dove right in.

I'm bad at Civ5, but I can still win on King.

I haven't finished the game yet, but the stagnant gameplay of vanilla has disappeared. There are so many more ways to play the game now and it made me much less aggressive. The repercussions of war and conflict with other civs are much greater, making war a last option for me.

I'm really impressed with these 2 expansions, together they've add so many new ways to play.

The only problem is I don't know where to start and some of the new mechanics confuse me. Tourism especially.

Tourism only really kicks in at the end of the game, I tend to go from 20 tourism to 400 in the span of a hundred turns give or take near the end, once I get Internet I go from about 20% to 100% on most of the other civs and win the game within a couple dozen turns.

What I am trying to say is don't be too concerned about it, by the time you get to the point where you can do anything with it you will have learnt the rest of the game. don't worry about Themeing bonuses either for now, they can be big on a couple artifacts but they are not necessary.

with G&K you want to be warmonger. and, with BNW, you want to build peaceful empire. but that doesn't mean "there isn't war in BNW". there is war, actually war effect your empire more than before.

Top Bottom