regarding great works

regalman

Reckless Dolphin
when i expand a great artist, writer, musician for a golden age and other stuff instead of a great work
will he reappear. for example i have da vinci and i use him for a golden age but will da vinci regenerate, cause if he doesnt then people can keep getting golden ages instead of great works and if those great works are lost through conquest, that means they wont be back either, so my question is do these great people with names keep coming back if expended and not used for great works?
because later in the game, these people lose their names and can only concert, golden age etc

because later in the game, these people lose their names and can only concert, golden age etc
Afaik that happens if all of the game's great works have been produced.
But your question is still valid: can the names run out too? Are there more names than works? Do names get recycled if they didnt produce a great work?

There aren't more names than works because each Great Writer, Artist and Musician is tied to a specific Great Work.

Afaik that happens if all of the game's great works have been produced.
But your question is still valid: can the names run out too? Are there more names than works? Do names get recycled if they didnt produce a great work?

to the point! i believe they should or someone might be unlucky enough to only have artifacts saying "beads"

There are only xx Great Works in the game. Once they all have been created, new ones can not be created any more. This is what you observed. "Burning" GP before that doesn't reduce the number of possible Great Works.

Now if you 'burned' Da Vinci or whomever, the Great Work he is associated with will be done just by someone else (and someone who hasn't any GW associated with him probably makes a random one anyway in the first place, stealing it from the 'real dude' - at least people have reported a lot that Great Works where made by Great People other than what the reality is).

There are only xx Great Works in the game. Once they all have been created, new ones can not be created any more. This is what you observed. "Burning" GP before that doesn't reduce the number of possible Great Works.

Now if you 'burned' Da Vinci or whomever, the Great Work he is associated with will be done just by someone else (and someone who hasn't any GW associated with him probably makes a random one anyway in the first place, stealing it from the 'real dude' - at least people have reported a lot that Great Works where made by Great People other than what the reality is).

there are no random ones, only the ones with names can create GWs
the rest can only start golden ages, concert tour, political treatise

Vaino: If I understand them correctly, the question is this.

If I use a GWAM for their non-GW expendable ability, will that GWAM be reproduced later so that someone CAN get their GW?

Let's say I spawn Edvard Grieg. If I expend him for his GW (Peer Gynt Suite: In the Hall of the Mountain King), clearly no one else can spawn Edvard Grieg. However, let's say I use him for a Concert Tour. In that case, can someone else spawn Edvard Grieg? If no, then that means that using him for his Concert Tour ability permanently reduces the number of available GWs in the game.

It's a very interesting question.

Top Bottom