Deity AI simply refusing to change ideology? (even when their empire is burning)

kb27787

Deity
First time this has happened to me on deity.
What do you do when an AI conquers too much and mere dissidents put it at -40 unhappiness?

When a city flips, sell it back (after taking all the great works in it of course)... for all their gpt and single copy luxes...

Spoiler :

Rinse and repeat multiple times (3 in total, each time giving me 2 artifacts the AI moved into the museum after I returned the city) until AI has been milked dry.

Spoiler :

Refusing to put him out of his misery using "one more turn" after my CV, as my influence grew, -60 happiness...

Spoiler :

All culminating in the revival of a civ that had been dead since the classical era or so.

Spoiler :

I am 68 techs ahead of a deity AI... is that bad? :lol: William the time traveler.

Save attached for proof of deity. One save is at before the fireworks started (the people who hold a grudge against Atilla can play it themselves... for all the times I got ram-rushed... it was very satisfying taking his cities and works without lifting a finger... and watching his empire just implode)

Attachments

• AutoSave_0300 AD-1860.Civ5Save
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
  • Boudicca_0277 AD-1814.Civ5Save
    1.3 MB · Views: 63
Changing their Ideology would probably not change anything about their (un)happiness, Freedom just doesn't have the happiness for such wide empires tailored the way the Ai tailors them. So its probably just comparing the happiness it has to how much it would have if it changed their ideology, without taking the flipping of cities into their equation.

Some AIs change ideology the moment they have a bit of unhappiness. But sometimes they don't change at all. At first I thought it is a personality thing for different rulers. But now I think it's affected by how much the AI likes the people with the ideology they can change to.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

First time this has happened to me on deity.
What do you do when an AI conquers too much and mere dissidents put it at -40 unhappiness?

When a city flips, sell it back (after taking all the great works in it of course)... for all their gpt and single copy luxes...

Freakin. Hilarious. :crazyeye: I gotta try that the next time I get flipped a crappy city.

If it changed ideology it would lose so many of autocracy happiness policies that it would probably not even be worth doing, especially in the short term.

In my current game Poland chose Order ideology and made world congress proposal: World Ideology Freedom

In my current game Poland chose Order ideology and made world congress proposal: World Ideology Freedom

That is very funny to me. I've seen Deity AI do things like that many times. For example, Ban Lux's that Im trading with them, Repel votes they made and are helping them more than the Repel, but I can't wait to see them propose a differen't Religion that they have. I guess that is the same as this ideology proposal so Im sure it has happened!

I've had a deity AI propose a trade to me to vote against his ownn ideology as world ideology in return for gpt --> free gold for me :D

The AI clearly has the habit to develop strategies that our inferior human brain just can't grasp.

Top Bottom