Buying votes for World Congress

R0gue

Noble
No sure if this is an issue or not.

In my last game, I'd bribed Rome to vote to remove banned marble.

What a con. Yes they put 1 vote to say yes to the removal of marble ban and voted 4 to say no. I thought once you bribed them, they could only choose yes or no, not both.

Anyway I lost the vote and the marble was still banned.

Has anybody been backstabed before.

Even so it is another unfair way for voting, unless when they offer you to vote you also automatically vote but don't have to stick to that.. how does that work?

I think that only being able to buy membership votes and not the associated city-state votes is perfectly reasonable. Anything else would imply that the support and votes of city states can be purchased for mere money. The very idea of such a thing is an insult to the uncompromising integrity and the resistance to monetary temptation that civ 5 city-states have always stood for.

I think that only being able to buy membership votes and not the associated city-state votes is perfectly reasonable. Anything else would imply that the support and votes of city states can be purchased for mere money. The very idea of such a thing is an insult to the uncompromising integrity and the resistance to monetary temptation that civ 5 city-states have always stood for.

This is true, it would be a slap in the face to the long-standing tradition of democratic election that is so core to City States.

Even so it is another unfair way for voting, unless when they offer you to vote you also automatically vote but don't have to stick to that.. how does that work?

Itworks the same for the human and the AI

if you sold your vote, when the session comes up, then you will have a smaller number of votes (your City State, Host, Forbidden Palace, etc. votes) to vote in anyway you choose, including against your 'sell-out' votes.

Related question: If a civ gets two extra votes due to world ideology, do you also buy these votes when you buy votes? Or do you just get the one?

I find it sad that to get things happening in the United Nations, you have to bribe everyone.

Not exactly fair or just. What kind of society is that if anyone with more money can get his way?

You can always remove their ability to vote buy removing them from the face of the planet.

Top Bottom