Funny strategies?

Be as peaceful as possible, ally with all civs and CSs, kiss everyones' ***, then nuke everyone and walk into their empty capitals :nuke: :goodjob:

This is pretty fun:
Play on Terra play as Polynesia. Leave with your Maori & settler & settle the new world those old world powers will be in for a nice surprise. Also line those coasts with statues...

I have to try this out, never really played through a game as Polynesia and the premise is really good for rp (especially with the tech and production deficiencies you would get from not settling sooner). I might even base the story/lp I've been meaning to write off of this if that's alright with you.

I tried this. I found that I was too tempted to settle on natural wonders in between this settler and the new world, and I couldn't figure out which continent was the terra continent. I was also bored by the lack of interactions with other civs.

Seems like a cool idea, but I didn't really find it all that fun when I tried it.

You can found Honolulu on terra continent & then found rest or most on the new world.

You can found Honolulu on terra continent & then found rest or most on the new world.

About how far away is the Terra continent on a Terra map? Basically, I found myself a lot of the time thinking that an island in between the two continents was Terra, and if there was a natural wonder there I generally settled there instead of on the new world.

Maybe I also went wrong by going with raging barbarians. I thought it might give me something to do, but in the end it just made it so that the only thing I could do was fend off these guys, and couldn't really build my empire of Terra.

Edit: oh, interesting. When I was trying this (I did so before I read this thread), I was planning on just roleplaying to see how well I could fend off colonial powers. I got bored and left before that happened every time, sadly. It's also a little funny when you cross your starting lake and see the Shoshone capital on the other side... :rolleyes:

Play as Germany. Delete your starting settler. Be a barbarian.

Hmm, can I keep my starting settler but use it as a scout? It might find a ruin or something before it gets captured.

Top Bottom