Fix for those who have yellow flags for all civs

dbkblk

Emperor
The change in the flags selection had some consequences for those who began a game between some of the last revisions.

The new games are not affected by this problem.

Here is a temporary fix for this problem. It will need to be reapplied each time you will update the game until your game is finished.

- Download this file.
- Extract in the mod folder.

EDIT: Updated link.

What exactly is the issue with the new flags. Can someone send me a save affected by it? I can look into fixing the issue in the DLL.

Recently, I redefined the xml art file for Civilizations. I've restored the original BTS one (with the new civs in it) and put the modern flags art and dds into a module (into Modules/) [On by default]. With the launcher (or manually) you can choose to enable or disable modern flags.

When I introduced that, the modern flags dds were still in the fpk, but I've removed them because it has introduced glitchs (if disabled, old flags were yellow tuned). Now, there are no bugs anymore for new games but it looks like games created between the move to modules and the removal from the fpk have a strange problem. All the flag of the civs are completely yellow.

Games started BEFORE the move to modules and AFTER the removal in the fpk don't suffer this neither. I don't think it has anything to do with the dll.

A savegame is available here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13720350&postcount=3292

This fix works for me, thank you. The mod is back to working perfectly. This should resolve itself with this temporary fix as people finish their current games and eventually start new ones with the latest version.

The modern ones.

Meh, 2 days ago had to format my pc and forgot to save the fix file.... link to the file seems broken, could you be so kind to post it again? Cant live without A New Dawn and this bug makes it all difficult... Thanks in advance!

Meh, 2 days ago had to format my pc and forgot to save the fix file.... link to the file seems broken, could you be so kind to post it again? Cant live without A New Dawn and this bug makes it all difficult... Thanks in advance!

If you download the latest revision, the fix should be included.

Mmmh playing with revision 979 and the bug still exists, also tried to uninstall and reinstall the mod completely.... Seems to persist with premade scenarios i use (huge earth 15 civs and GEM 26 civs) even if i start a new game. Seems working fine if i use a random map, dunno why.

Any chance to have back dbkblk's fix? Was working fine with that (very sorry but i'm really not into programmig so i can't fix by myself :()

UPDATE: for some perverse reason all other scenarios seems working properly, the only 2 i use are bugged :eek: OMG

Made some experiment, as you can see the problem seems to show up only with some flags. This is taken from AND2 Earth 15 civs preset scenario. Hope it helps.

The issue should be caused by the fact these scenarii are just savegames? or maybe something like that?

Lol sorry for the image, here you go. :D

Don't know what to say, the point is that they are the only 2 scenarios i play with this mod so i'm really desperated! (playing Civ saga since the very first DOS version, i'm an oldie and i think i spent a big part of my life on this game)

dbkblk i BEG you to post the old fix file again (or to send in private), it was a good solution for me! If you are trying other tricks you can use me as tester with this bug.

No problem about the link, I thought the link still worked. I probably have moved it somewhere else in my dropbox.

Here it is (first post is also updated):
https://db.tt/AHsAtXpb

And, don't ask me why, with this little fix the flags are visible again... :confused:

Maybe you can consider to use the fix someway in the next update.

Thanks a lot for the patience!!! :)

I don't think it's a good idea. If you use this fix, all other games will have a yellow flag. It was a temporary fix because savegames save the flag path into the savefile. This fix only revert the old flag path so old savegames can load the old flags but if you create a new game with this file, it means your savegame will only use the path provided with this fix.
The change was made to introduce the ability to use old and new flags. If reverted, it will break this functionnality.
As a clue, maybe it is possible to manually edit theses scenarii to use the new flags paths.

Top Bottom