Your favorite civs/leaders

Pachicuti

My absolute favorite ... I mean, for the time being. It's just too awesome up in the mountains running about, when they're kryptonite to everyone else. All that food, all those hammers, invincible archers, endless totally free roads. I alliance a military CS (the one I'm with now is pumping out endless Cho-Ko-Nu $$$), and then a culture and a religion one. Food is not a problem, ever.

I've renamed it, and they are now The Rasta, Rastaman Nation, Rastafarian, their leader is Marley. Their religion is Rastafarianism, and every belief is (naturally) happiness oriented. Happy for each city, happy for shrines, happy for temples, don't worry be happy. It's all smiling faces, out of principle ya know. :lol:

Netherlands - I don't know why, I just like their colors and their UI is pretty epic
Inca - Perfect defensive start bias, awesome UI. I guess I just like UI's.
Babylon - who doesn't love science?
Sweden - different but rewarding play style.
Arabia - dem camel archers.

I like Carthage, Dido is nice and I love the harbors (Second favourite! :)

I like Sweden, because they promote a very different style of play

<---- My favourite civ! The Byzantines! Pick your UA, grab your Cataphracts and fire with your Dromons! :)

Russia is also nice. So are the Incans, the Netherlands, the Aztecs, England and Spain.

Rome is also a top 10 favourite for me: early development for other cities, units that show themselves at a time I'm usually at war...

Maya for a wonderful UB and the fact that I don't need to research Archery to spam archers.
Netherlands because everything.
Denmark for the fun UA (longships!), though I think they should have something other than the Norwegian Ski Infantry for a second unique thing.
Songhai because they make bunches of gold for warmongering, and I love MPM's bonus culture.
For the fifth I'd go (tentatively; so many good choices!) Celts or Aztecs. Both have good warmonger UU's but can do other things quite well.

I just realized that I like Carthage and Polynesia so much better than every other civ that I wouldn't care if they changed the game so everybody was a 'coastal civ.' I wouldn't mind a mod that replaced each UU with a naval UU (except for the ones already with naval UUs). Actually, I'm surprised Spain didn't get one. If and when they make Indonesia, a naval UU would be sweet

- Theodora (the extra belief can yield hilarious results, like combining itinerant preachers with religious texts.)
- Ramesses (I love wonders and tall empires and often find myself not expanding beyond a single city - so starting in a desert with marble and a river which is not really uncommon for Egypt makes for an easy single city culture victory on immortal).
- Bismarck, Montezuma and Harold Bluetooth for all my attempts at achieving domination victories (which I never do because once I arrive at the point I consider myself dominating and it's just a matter of grinding a few remaining capitals down, I can't be bothered to continue playing).
- Babylon (If I can get the GL).
- Lately Spain (I like exploring so playing as Isabella makes finding world wonders and bringing them into your influence makes the game so much more satisfying).

Rome (I love having high production and the UUs appear in the exact time when I need more soldiers to conquer)

England (Lbm is quite powerful and I enjoy amphibious invasions)

Spain (Exploring the world and getting gold is really interesting. The UUs are also great, though weaker than the two civilizations above. Plus, the war music is exciting :) )

China (Perhaps the easiest for Domination Victory)

Byzantine (UUs are great, especially Dromons. UA is ... not great but still fair. Byzantine has also got one of my favorite color combination)

Check out Persia. They CRUSH... Persian Golden Ages let you conquer the world.

My absolute favorite ... I mean, for the time being. It's just too awesome up in the mountains running about, when they're kryptonite to everyone else. All that food, all those hammers, invincible archers, endless totally free roads. I alliance a military CS (the one I'm with now is pumping out endless Cho-Ko-Nu $$$), and then a culture and a religion one. Food is not a problem, ever.

I've renamed it, and they are now The Rasta, Rastaman Nation, Rastafarian, their leader is Marley. Their religion is Rastafarianism, and every belief is (naturally) happiness oriented. Happy for each city, happy for shrines, happy for temples, don't worry be happy. It's all smiling faces, out of principle ya know. :lol:

awesome!

Most favourite:

France: the extra culture is just crazy early on, you finish off the first tree so quickly it's not funny. I like to play random map so the versatility of the UA is what makes it great for me, you can use the culture to shape your civ any way you want via extra social policies.

Maya: Their UB, as well as the great prophet from their UA guarantees you get a religion up and running super fast, the super shrine strategy is so much fun too, and I like the unique unit. I also like timing out builds to abuse their UA, e.g. getting 3-4 great prophets at once.

Arabia: Mainly for the desert start, desert folklore + petra is such a fun combo, it's actually pretty overpowered if you can get it. The UB is nice too, can't say I find the UA that interesting but the desert start more than makes up for it.

Siam: Love being able to abuse the UA and get crazy bonuses from all the city states. The wat is also pretty cool and has good combo potential with legalism if you take tradition for your second tree. Also stampy!!

Sweden: I like how you have the option to play friendly or warmonger and you get great benefit from the UA no matter what. If you go to war suddenly you have a ton of great generals to gift and get city states, if you go friendly your great person generation goes through the roof. Just a fun civ all round, and combos nicely with the free great general from honour.

I love to play Napoleon. You know your city will get that resource fast even if it's not built right next to it, and whizzing through Tradition or Liberty is a great way to start the game.

Montezuma for me.

Completing the Honour tree and every time you kill a barbarian with a Jaguar, you get 12 culture, 6 gold, 5 XP and +25 health back. Very satisfying!

I've fallen in love with the Celts.

-Awesome green color

-Boudicca is a badass, and one of the few female leaders who doesn't exist because she happened to be the concubine of some other famous male leader. And she is a !@%ing rebel, sticking it to the Roman man.

-Early faith allows me to ignore shrines/temples while keeping competitive with religion.

-I like to stay towards the top of the tech tree, and Ceilidh Hall allows me to ignore theaters.

-I like to puppet. A lot. And Pictish Warriors upgraded into pikes can take a lot of abuse.

If you go Tradition and play a strong, tall, cultural game, you get the following:

-Free monuments

-Free aqueducts

-Free theatres (indirectly)

-Free shrines (indirectly)

The mongols have been my favourite for ages. Just love charging horse archers through the map and putting the fear into the city states.

Maybe because there isn't much to simulate, but playing as Mongolia really gets me into the spirit of the Civ. Build horsemen and archers. Get to chivalry. Upgrade to Keshiks and go on a tear.

Or maybe its because I just rolled them in a game last night....Just sent the horde to another landmass to get the Celts. We're separated by a thin finger of land which is filled with city states. The CS all hate me because of trespassing, but I can only imagine the relief they felt as the horde kept moving.

Top Bottom