Q: who is the top 10 Warmongering AI civ??

Top 10 most Warmonger AI civ

• Alexander

Votes: 50 58.8%
  • Ashurbanipal

Votes: 25 29.4%
  • Askia

Votes: 12 14.1%
  • Attilla

Votes: 54 63.5%
  • Ceasar

Votes: 28 32.9%
  • Bismark

Votes: 23 27.1%
  • Boudica

• Cassimir III

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Catherine

Votes: 18 21.2%
  • Darius

• Dido

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Elizabeth

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Gajah

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Khan

Votes: 39 45.9%
  • Gustavus

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Bluetooth

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • Hiawatha

Votes: 17 20.0%
  • Isabella

Votes: 10 11.8%
  • Kamehameha

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Maria I

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Maria Theresa

• Montezuma

Votes: 45 52.9%
  • Napoleon

Votes: 29 34.1%
  • Nebuchadnessar

• Oda

Votes: 32 37.6%

• Total voters

PrimoXanthous

~ knightmare13 ~
With the release of Brave New World AI attitude towards Victory always go to diplo and cultural (in my own observation) and for the warmongers players like me :satan:, this kind of gameplay is getting boring and it sucks. I just want my neighbor Atilla and Khan Make DoW on me. But it didn't happen, for god sake they are atilla and khan they should always be at war (i guess). I just miss my GnK gameplay in which most of the time i'm always at war! war! war!.
Actually i make this thread to know who among the civs are the top warmongers, so that in my next game i will choose the top results here :D .

so who among them are warmonger???

Edit 1: Unfortunately i could make a maximum of 25 polls only, shame. feel free to name those who are not on the poll.
Edit 2: Don't be rude just vote 10 or 12 :D

Oda and Shaka are the two you can trust for an early war these days, I find. Washington usually waits until he's already a superpower from his Liberty-based expansion but once he gets going the other AI's can't really stop him and he just gets bigger.

Oda and Shaka are the two you can trust for an early war these days, I find. Washington usually waits until he's already a superpower from his Liberty-based expansion but once he gets going the other AI's can't really stop him and he just gets bigger.

yeah, i think shaka would be on the top> In most of my games it never happen that Shaka didn't make DoW on me. :eek:, so Oda still warmonger?? i thought he got lame this BNW :D

Well he DOW'd me on turn 50 in my last Immortal game after gobbling up a nearby city-state so I guess so.

Monty is pretty reliable, so is Attila. Washington loves DOW later in the game but he always does it to me

Number of times civs have declared war on me since G&Ks came out

Alexander: 1 (he's hostile in most of my games due to CS competition)

Attila: 1

Bismarck: 2

Catherine: 2

Darius: 3

Dido: 1

Elizabeth: 2

Gustavus: 2

Haile Selassie: 1

Bluetooth: 2

Harun al Rashid: 1

Hiawatha: 3

Kamehameha: 1

Maria Theresa: 1

Montezuma: 2

Napoleon: 3

Nebuchadnezzar: 2

Oda Nobunaga: 1

Ramkhamhaeng: 2

Sejong: 2

Shaka: 1

Suleiman: 3

Washington: 1

William: 1

Wu Zetian: 1

strange that some obvious warmongers haven't DOW me yet (like Khan, Augustus...), guess I haven't had them as neighbors yet

Edit 1: Unfortunately i could make a maximum of 25 polls only, shame. feel free to name those who are not on the poll.
You could have at least included better choices. How is it that Shaka and Wu Zetian are not on the list, but leaders like Gajah and Casimir III are (and Austria is included twice)?

You could have at least included better choices. How is it that Shaka and Wu Zetian are not on the list, but leaders like Gajah and Casimir III are (and Austria is included twice)?
Sorry its too late when i found out that i could only make 25 polls, and i don't know how to edit it. and about Maria. the "Maria I" is the leader of Portugal while the "Maria Theresa" is the Austrian babe. :D

Austria isn't. The other Maria is Portugal.

Sorry its too late when i found out that i could only make 25 polls, and i don't know how to edit it. and about Maria. the "Maria I" is the leader of Portugal while the "Maria Theresa" is the Austrian babe. :D
Ah I see. Sorry for the confusion then. :)

"Austrian babe?" Are you Max Bialystock, by any chance? :lol: (j/k)

I feel like I'm competing against my Maw-Maw whenever I see her in my games. Like she'll offer me some Werther's Originals or Choward's Violet candies as part of our trade deals. :p

So far Alex and Oda are the ones on the top. and Shaka i guess if his on the list.

"Austrian babe?" Are you Max Bialystock, by any chance? :lol: (j/k)

I feel like I'm competing against my Maw-Maw whenever I see her in my games. Like she'll offer me some Werther's Originals or Choward's Violet candies as part of our trade deals. :p
I hate Maria Theresa, the babe :D, when she is in the state of denouncing. she is ain't really pretty that time. She looks like a 40 yr old virgin. :lol:

With the release of Brave New World AI attitude towards Victory always go to diplo and cultural (in my own observation) and for the warmongers players like me :satan:, this kind of gameplay is getting boring and it sucks. I just want my neighbor Atilla and Khan Make DoW on me. But it didn't happen, for god sake they are atilla and khan they should always be at war (i guess). I just miss my GnK gameplay in which most of the time i'm always at war! war! war!.
Actually i make this thread to know who among the civs are the top warmongers, so that in my next game i will choose the top results here :D .

so who among them are warmonger???

Edit 2: Don't be rude just vote 10 or 12 :D

Just check the AI FLAVOURS thread here :

http://i.imgur.com/qELOwj6.png

Essentially if you want more civs pursuing a CONQUEST VICTORY then you want to pick Civs whose WAR and HOSTILE ratings are significantly more biased then their FRIENDLINESS and NEUTRAL ratings. Additionally a greater civ density on maps will also encourage CONQUEST VICTORY pursuit.

Civs that are highly EXPANSIONISTIC also tend to encourage wars by both creating border disputes and decreasing the overall availability of land.

For Civs that are unlikely to pursue a CONQEUST VICTORY, you want one that is highly competitive in an area of the game that you dominate (ie CS or WONDERS), and has some bias towards WAR (for example ASKIA has a HIGH WONDER COMPETITIVE NESS (8) and a high WAR bias (7)), so fits the bill here.

Other values that will increase the likelyihood of war are those that increase the AI's MILITARY STRENGTH. FLAVOURS that affect this IIRC are : OFFENSE, RANGED, NAVAL, MOBILE etc. Civs with larger values in 1 or more of these will also be more of a threat when engaging in war.

Finally the BOLDNESS Flavour may also have an impacy. IIRC it does but can't say for certain.

OP if you go through the FLAVOUR table and find a good mix, based on the above and with reference to your playstyle, then you should be able to increase the aggressiveness for your games. Simply increasing the number of Civs (don't go to berserk or it will break game balance in many ways), whilst decreasing the MAP SIZE will help significantly. Avoid HUGE MAPS, try an extra 2 civs on a large/standard map for example. If you play continents make sure your civ number is even so that the density is more likely the same of each of the 2 continents. If you try Pangea you can probably get away with an extra Civ (or uneven number).

BTW Check out this post :

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=12762977&postcount=13

If you want to know what goes into the AI's decision making process when choosing a GRAND STRATEGY (ie CONQUEST, CULTURE, TECH or DIPLOMACY).

Hope this helps.

If what you mean is you want to setup a 10 player game with all GOOD warmongers here's my pick, some being good early fighters, others being "science-warmongers"

-YOU
-Alex
-Oda
-Caisimir
-Caesar
-Darius
-Nebby
-Hiawatha
-Napoleon
-Washington

edit:
(Khan and Shaka can do well for a human player, but I never seem them hang in there for the long haul, Atilla is a bit all or nothing too- if he loses his first war he's screwed)

"Glad" to see Alex is still as notorious as he should be.

I'd say Shaka definitely deserves to be in the top three, there's something about watching hordes of well trained impi tear the AI in first 1st down to 8th in the space of about 17 turns.

Top Bottom