Let's celebrate 10 year anniversary of DoC!

Tigranes

Armenian
September 11, 2014 -- the day that will live in glory! Exactly 10 years ago the DoC was announced and we are about to mark the Decennial Jubilee of this beloved project. I think, this calls for celebration! At the very minimum the zoom call with Leoreth on September 11, 2024 for all the fans armed with their alcohol of the choice to join and mingle :cheers:, with the moderated Q&A part of it, followed by personal expression of appreciation by those who will join the call :grouphug: . In the most ambitious scenario -- actual meeting in person, for those who can make it. But we clearly need to organize something, so putting this out here for brainstorming. I mean, I wish Firaxis could have organized something to celebrate one of the most successful user made content of their game, so if someone here has any contacts with them -- let's pitch the idea.

As a added bonus we can all finally see how Leoreth actually looks like -- to my knowledge Ctrl W has never revealed that to the all the players during all these years :hide:!

Last edited:
I think DoC is more than 10 years old, I remember that I first played it in 2012.

Well, you can take a look at the date of the opening posts in here.

It's definitely older than 2014, I created these opening threads long after this forum came into being. There was an original DoC thread that preceded this subforum that served as its sticky for a while, until I reorganised it into multiple threads.

It's definitely older than 2014, I created these opening threads long after this forum came into being. There was an original DoC thread that preceded this subforum that served as its sticky for a while, until I reorganised it into multiple threads.
April 2010 is the earliest DoC thread I could find with a quick search. Wow, this mod has been around for more than half of my life! (I'm 26)

2025 will be 15 years then!

Yeah, I definitely remember playing this in high school, and I graduated in 2012. I remember when the Byzantines were still grey and red.

Top Bottom