AI offers a trade and then refuses

Aprel

Chieftain
On AI's turn, they offer me a trade for a luxury. I change nothing of the terms, click accept, and then they claim the trade is unacceptable. It seems like the trade they're offering me is on par with a neutral/friendly relationship, but since my diplomacy with them is guarded, they then refuse to accept it.

Has anyone else experienced this? Playing G&K.

On AI's turn, they offer me a trade for a luxury. I change nothing of the terms, click accept, and then they claim the trade is unacceptable. It seems like the trade they're offering me is on par with a neutral/friendly relationship, but since my diplomacy with them is guarded, they then refuse to accept it.

Has anyone else experienced this? Playing G&K.

Yes I've seen that happening before.

This only happens when a trade comes up for renewal. If you read the text of the AI's offer, you will see that they say the trade has "faded" in their eyes and that you have to provide more from your side to renew the trade.

Unfortunately, we are all inclined to focus on the deal terms and just hit Accept before reading the AI's statement. The Ai then rejects the trade (because you aren't offering anything more).

This only happens when a trade comes up for renewal. If you read the text of the AI's offer, you will see that they say the trade has "faded" in their eyes and that you have to provide more from your side to renew the trade.

Unfortunately, we are all inclined to focus on the deal terms and just hit Accept before reading the AI's statement. The Ai then rejects the trade (because you aren't offering anything more).

Ha! I missed that. The AIs kept offering me to trade them back a luxury and wasn't paying attention and thought it was the same one they kept offering and refusing. Must have been separate deals with different luxuries as they offered 3 turns in a row and then stopped. Was worried it was a bug and would go on, but what you say makes sense.

Top Bottom