V36

There are two one matches coast and the other ocean. Most games will only need the lake shore but if you want to do a scenario around The Great Lakes of North America then you will need both.

Is there a change to barbarian cities..? I can't raze them, or capture them. There also seems to be a pathing issue such that my generals can't follow the stack into the city center.

Is there a change to barbarian cities..? I can't raze them, or capture them. There also seems to be a pathing issue such that my generals can't follow the stack into the city center.

No... that's probably the sort of weird stuff I was worried about. I'll have to set something up here to test that effect. Or you could upload your save with instructions on how to duplicate.

I figured you'd have to be using the latest SVN. I found the problem already. Will be updated to the SVN very shortly.

EDIT: Fix is on the SVN now.

Yes. I would like you to do that, so I could start working on updates to my maps also.

You would need to let us know what the new types are.

i.e.

TerrainType=TERRAIN_LAKE
TerrainType=TERRAIN_SHORE

:)

hi harrier. anyway i have started college again recently and I'm taking GIS courses so i now have easy access to and know how to use a frankly ridiculous amount of data so hopefully i can make the best god dam map ever seen! once i get started which i think i will do soon i would be happy to share my data with you. i plan to do a complete rebuild from the base terrain. i just hope i don't get side traced or lose interest again. and does anyone know if there is an easy way to just shift the entire map to fix the spawning off set?

hi harrier. anyway i have started college again recently and I'm taking GIS courses so i now have easy access to and know how to use a frankly ridiculous amount of data so hopefully i can make the best god dam map ever seen! once i get started which i think i will do soon i would be happy to share my data with you. i plan to do a complete rebuild from the base terrain. i just hope i don't get side traced or lose interest again. and does anyone know if there is an easy way to just shift the entire map to fix the spawning off set?

If your going to do a map, pls dont make it bigger than Huge, especially for C2C, thx . . .SO

Hey! would the lake and lakeshore swimmable? I think Lake should be more like sea than ocean (since ocean is swimmable very late)

ooops! sory...
I thought there are already sea which was sailable before ocean was...
it turns out to be Coast then.
Maybe Lakes should be sailable earlier than oceans anyway?

Agreed;
TERRAIN_LAKE
TERRAIN_LAKE_SHORE
TERRAIN_COAST
TERRAIN_TROPICAL_COAST
TERRAIN_POLAR_COAST
Should all be sailable from the start.

These
TERRAIN_OCEAN
TERRAIN_TROPICAL_OCEAN
TERRAIN_POLAR_OCEAN
Later.

Except that is not correct. You can't sail until you have boat building.

I am also not sure where these things are defined to the dll or exe so we may already have a bug we just have not realised it. There is a place in the Global Defines but I don't think it is used to define anything.

Except that is not correct. You can't sail until you have boat building.
Well paddleable and sailable then.... and not from the start but from raft building I guess.

If a boat unit of any kind was available at nomadic lifestyle or even didn't require any tech it would be capable of entering coast from the start just so you know. there is nothing about boat building tech that enables the movement over coast.

EDIT: This is used to disable ocean movement and is in the unitinfo.xml :
Spoiler :
Code:
			<TerrainImpassableTypes>
				<TerrainType>TERRAIN_OCEAN</TerrainType>
				<TerrainType>TERRAIN_POLAR_OCEAN</TerrainType>
				<TerrainType>TERRAIN_TROPICAL_OCEAN</TerrainType>
			</TerrainImpassableTypes>
			<TerrainPassableTechs>
				<TerrainPassableTech>
					<TerrainType>TERRAIN_OCEAN</TerrainType>
					<PassableTech>TECH_ASTRONOMY</PassableTech>
				</TerrainPassableTech>
				<TerrainPassableTech>
					<TerrainType>TERRAIN_POLAR_OCEAN</TerrainType>
				</TerrainPassableTech>
				<TerrainPassableTech>
					<TerrainType>TERRAIN_TROPICAL_OCEAN</TerrainType>
				</TerrainPassableTech>
			</TerrainPassableTechs>

So if your new terrain is defined as domain_water there should be no bug here; and all ships of any kind should already be capable of moving over these new lake terrains.

Edit 2: Other relevant info belonging to the techinfo.xml :
Spoiler :
Code:
			<TerrainTrades>
				<TerrainTrade>
					<TerrainType>TERRAIN_COAST</TerrainType>
					<bTerrainTrade>1</bTerrainTrade>
				</TerrainTrade>
				<TerrainTrade>
					<TerrainType>TERRAIN_POLAR_COAST</TerrainType>
				</TerrainTrade>
				<TerrainTrade>
					<TerrainType>TERRAIN_TROPICAL_COAST</TerrainType>
				</TerrainTrade>
			</TerrainTrades>

@T-brd, alberts2,

Test game that is in Ren Era is still taking 6+ minutes at EoT wait. Have not had an 8+ min EoT wait since updating to SVN 8708. Again test game is only a 9 player game on a large PM map, but 2 major wars involved.

Comp specs: i7 2nd gen 2600K @3.4Ghz, 8GB DDR3 1066mhz ram, Nvidia GTX 550 Ti vid card 1GB DDR3.

Save attached.

JosEPh

Could be interesting to profile to see if there's somewhere that can be looked at to improve still. Might be something will jump out. 6 min seems about right for a Ren era turn but it may be possible to find a flaw.

@DH (or anyone with an opinoin on the matter): Is this a better texture for lake? Or should it be brighter than the Ocean?

Attachments

• old.jpg
    old.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 115
  • new.jpg
    new.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 93
Top Bottom