Super Coupe

flamescreen... Funny you mention the Movie "Christine". That was what I thought as well but that car drove itself and this one is suppose to have a living driver in it. EFZI2 needs cars for transportation but also needs the cars to be able to Run Over and Kill Zombies :lol:

I assume that cars that are used in most games are strictly for transportation and do not have an attack. That is a problem with game units because if they are attacked, they need to have an animation for defense at least or they just sit there until they are destroyed by the attacking unit.

I have not seen many animations for car units...generally, what animations and game settings have you seen used for them? I assume they have guns for their attacks or they are set with hidden nationality and invisible with no attack or defense so they do not then need an attack, defense or victory and can be used strictly as transportation. IF that is the case, this car could also be used as transportation without the attack or victory.

The car is awsome, perfect as a late age scout.

Macedonians ARE Greeks!
flamescreen, Macedonians were a tribe north of greece that conquered all greek land under the leadership of Alexander the great who was Macedoonian. the Macedonians were consideredbarbaric by the Greek!!!

Did you come from the Civ4 New Civilizations forum by any chance? I remember them having the exact same discussion over there not to long ago :)

And from what I've learnt, Macedonians and Epirotes were "barbaric Greeks". :)

And from what I've learnt, Macedonians and Epirotes were "barbaric Greeks". :)
Pretty accurate. :) From the point of view of the Greeks anyway. Then of course the Thracians were more barbaric but still considered to be slightly Greek. The further North you get from the Peloponese the more barbaric people are considered in the ancient Greek world. I think it may all have something to do with the Doric invasions that came at the end of the Greek archaic/bronze age.

...and as the final word in the debate, Firaxis made Alexander the leader of the Greeks! Nothing can be more reputable and trustworthy on historical accuracy than Firaxis! ;)
Hmm. Well the first leader of what could be called a unified Greece (unified except Sparta) was Philip, who crushed Thebes and cowed Athens around 350 BCE. After his death Alexander took over. Alexander was only ever the leader of a Greek campaign against the Persians - indeed it would be more accurate to have Alexander in the game as the leader of the Persians, since he had more power over his Persian subjects than he ever had over the citizens of the Greek states.

Anyway, I have a feeling that the Macedon/Greece debate cannot be viewed separately from the modern world. Consider that Greece presently has a province called Macedonia (around Thessalonica I believe) and just over the border there's an independant state called 'The Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia'. Not easy for the Greek government to ignore. :lol: It's rather like the Turk position with regard to Kurdish independance (but I won't go into that), or rather like Scotland breaking away from the UK and calling itself Northumbria. :mischief:

Anyway, enough off topic chat. ;)

Top Bottom