Religion Reform

gazzcoigne

Chieftain
Here's my idea for G&K, you would have the option of reforming your religion, after it has been enhanced, meaning you could at the expense of a great prophet replace a belief with another one still available. I find this change rather useful when you have chosen a determined belief according to certain conditions that later change (specially the pantheons).

This sounds very reasonable. I would tack a penalty to such an action though similar to anarchy for all cities that follow that religion.

Would that belief be lost then? Or could you expend another prophet to get it back? Can other civs steal that belief while its in limbo? That could make for some interesting white elephant religious play.

if beliefs cannot be stolen, there should definitely be a limit to how many times you can do this; i'd say a pretty strict limit of once or twice, because you know people will abuse this by taking up beliefs just to deny them to other people.

if beliefs cannot be stolen, there should definitely be a limit to how many times you can do this; i'd say a pretty strict limit of once or twice, because you know people will abuse this by taking up beliefs just to deny them to other people.

In my idea, the belief that got replaced was once again available to the other players. But I agree that even so there should be a limit for the number of times you could "reform" your religion, maybe three.

Top Bottom