(3UC) 3rd Unique Component Project

If you're going through the files, then you might see some unused components. For example, I tried about 5 different things for the Huns (Treasure Hoard, Nomadic Pasture, Eki, etc) before settling on the Centaur UU. China may still have some leftovers from the "Rice Field" UI that I was toying with.

May I suggest that, instead of replacing the French 4th UC, you change the 3rd Mercenary option? Perhaps you could replace them with the Scottish Highlander mercenaries, using the icon and text below:

I like it. I've already moved JFD's Napoleonic Imperial Guard over for my own purposes (I don't typically play with civ splits unless they separate nationalities). But an Albion Legionnaire unit for Gran Colombia would work (idea from JNR's 2012 Gran Colombia mod). I'm sure there are some unused Napoleonic riflemen from Bernie around.

Bernie did make a cuirassier model

Canada and Confederacy now have a 4UC and 3UC.

Very excellent on Canada & the CSA! Thank you.

Hey man great stuff! One little thing: What made you want to make the Maya have the obsidian warrior? From what I've learned about those crazy Meso-American civs was that Aztecs actually used obsidian more often because of their volcano "El Popocatelp" being south-east of Tenochitlian. Legends have it that the obsidian was so sharp that they would cut straight threw a horses head haha. But yeah, maybe Aztecs (and Mayans) should get a obsidian warrior to replace the Swordsman, making it an OP unit in early game, since it was the reason why their empires were so powerful to begin with? Thanks for your time man!

Thanks!

The Aztec Jaguar already uses the "macuahuitl" (wooden swords studded with sharp obsidian shards). So they're both wielding the same weapon--- but the Mayans just don't have a cool name. :p

Currently planned for the next update:

Buffing Incan Qurikancha (Temple) - Removing the current ability (which is too situational), and making it free to maintain while also yielding Gold.

Buffing Chinese Rice Terrace - Will yield 1 Food, +1 Food after Fertilizer. If the hill tile has access to Fresh Water, it instead yields 3 Food, +1 at Civil Service. This should make the improvement so-so, but still fun and exciting to build on the rare resource-less riverside hill tile.

Fixing the Hunnic Centaur, which has the incorrect combat values (making it much weaker than it should be)

Assyrian and Celtic War Chariot- will replace Horsemen instead of Chariot Archers (because they are mounted *melee* units).

EDIT: It's updated. (26 April)

Great mod.

Any chance you can have it update Civpedia or on the character selection screen?

Nice mod. The only thing I don't think is a good idea (not sure if its been brought up here already) is changing Carthage UA to free Lighthouses.
The whole point of Carthage's UA was that it had the early advantage of being able to get early city connections between cities of different continents and islands. Otherwise you have to wait until the medieval era to build harbors.

Remember that a UA is supposed to be a unique ability that makes a Civ stand out from the others and have a special style of play. If you remove the free harbors that uniqueness is gone and essentially they no longer have a UA.

A free lighthouse doesn't make up for the loss of the free harbor. And then you have the issue that if the Carthage player decides to build the Great Lighthouse well they already have a lighthouse so part of the incentive in that Wonder is gone.

I recommend just giving Carthage a free Cothon with every coastal city. It's not a huge early game advantage and it will help them play a naval game better.
You could also give the Cothon a +1 gold from sea resources and atolls if you wanted to make the Carthage UA a little better. Even with a free Cothon the Carthage UA is still well below that of other civs.

I agree with you, Carthage's UA shouldn't have been changed. The one time I ever played them [on Earth map] was to try their UA by colonizing the pacific islands - I started at Indochina, so I settled all the way to Australia.

It was very fun to actually make use of everything they have [UA to connect cities, UUs to fight raging barbs' galleys and troops around/on the inslands]. It would not have been possible without the UA.

The only other civ that can even think of trying this early is Indonesia itself, because the spices give insta gold in the first 03 islands, but it is much harder to pull.

I've had that concern mentioned before. I'd prefer to ensure that all UBs are buildable, but you've made a strong case.

I will consider unchanging the Carthaginian UA whenever I update next.

Well, I've made both 3UC & 4UC for JFD's New Zealand. That's a step for me because I actually did the image & game data manipulation myself instead of stitching other people's mods together like Dr. Frankenmod. In my games, Modder X's uniques for a modciv show up as 3&4UCs for Modder Y's version of that modciv--but I won't be releasing those uncited abominations :p

After talking a bit with mikeburnfire about contributing in general and getting JFD's blessing for the 3&4UC New Zealand modmod, I was going to release it tonight. Thing is I built it outside of ModBuddy and I have no idea how to get it into ModBuddy in order to upload it to the Steam Workshop :confused:. So I'll leave these screenshots as teasers. I jacked up the Rugby Stadium's icon, but I like the NZSC's.

Spoiler :

It's pretty late over here. I'll figure out this later :crazyeye:

Well, I've made both 3UC & 4UC for JFD's New Zealand. That's a step for me because I actually did the image & game data manipulation myself instead of stitching other people's mods together like Dr. Frankenmod. In my games, Modder X's uniques for a modciv show up as 3&4UCs for Modder Y's version of that modciv--but I won't be releasing those uncited abominations :p

After talking a bit with mikeburnfire about contributing in general and getting JFD's blessing for the 3&4UC New Zealand modmod, I was going to release it tonight. Thing is I built it outside of ModBuddy and I have no idea how to get it into ModBuddy in order to upload it to the Steam Workshop :confused:. So I'll leave these screenshots as teasers. I jacked up the Rugby Stadium's icon, but I like the NZSC's.

Spoiler :

Would it be okay if you could edit the ANZAC so it doesn't go obsolete at plastics since digger is a military slang term for soldiers from Australia and New Zealand & ANZAC stands for Australian and New Zealand Army Corps please.

.P.S. your 3rd & 4th uc looks cool & i ask if JFD can help you with uploading your mod to steam.

The mod is already in steam...

Would it be okay if you could edit the ANZAC so it doesn't go obsolete at plastics since digger is a military slang term for soldiers from Australia and New Zealand & ANZAC stands for Australian and New Zealand Army Corps please.

The ANZAC already doesn't obsolete so don't worry.

.P.S. your 3rd & 4th uc looks cool & i ask if JFD can help you with uploading your mod to steam.

Thanks! And don't.

Spoiler :

All the text in the civilopedia refers to Sweden and Norway, but perhaps that is a JFD goof. If so, you might want to bring it to his attention if he has not already fixed it within an update.

All the text in the civilopedia refers to Sweden and Norway, but perhaps that is a JFD goof. If so, you might want to bring it to his attention if he has not already fixed it within an update.

Ha! Somehow I didn't even see that. That's a JFD goof. Ain't nobody got time for 'Pedia entries. I'll holler at him.

Maybe it was a Viregel goof :p He's minister of research, after all. Maybe it's all just one really significant typo.

Maybe it was a Viregel goof :p He's minister of research, after all. Maybe it's all just one really significant typo.

Off with his head!

Subject change back to topic: So, does this qualify to be placed in the Modpack Subforum, given that mikeburnfire's posted links to downloads and such? I mean, that's his + a mod's call, but it seems both reasonable and helpful to the 3UC & 4UC Project.

Top Bottom