No production

Work no tiles that will give production. Otherwise you're out of luck. Just set it to build a wonder or something it will take a long time to complete, otherwise disbanding is the only way.

Out of curiosity, why would you worry about producing stuff? There is no upkeep costs that I'm aware of so it shouldn't be a big deal...

Out of curiosity, why would you worry about producing stuff? There is no upkeep costs that I'm aware of so it shouldn't be a big deal...

In the end game it's very frustrating when every single city has to produce something and it takes up almost the whole turn just to arrange that when you have built all wonders available and all the more expencive buildings.

In the end game it's very frustrating when every single city has to produce something and it takes up almost the whole turn just to arrange that when you have built all wonders available and all the more expencive buildings.

Can't you just let it produce an expensive unit, and just press defend when it's produced? That's what I usually do. But yeah, it's annoying having to manage it in the end game :)

Can't you just let it produce an expensive unit, and just press defend when it's produced? That's what I usually do. But yeah, it's annoying having to manage it in the end game :)

Yeah, of course but it still annoying to have to do that every turn while you have more important things to do. Maybe a "auto-defence"-choice when you create new units would be an idea.

Auto defense mode or something would be cool if you could set it to something like that. However what i would really like to see would be a way to set a 'Rally Point' meaning .. when a new unit is trained he will automaticly start moveing to a pre determined location....

Example - You have 3 cities, your capital and two expansion citys. Your second expansion city is 'On the front lines' so to speak or posistioned that it will be effectively cutting off all routes further into my empire. So you want to send all new military units there to defend and also to group up before sending them out on attacks. I hate haveing to manually tell ever single Knight/Tank/WTF EVER to goto that city. When its built it should just start goin with out any thing from me tellin it to go.

Only problem i see with this would be if an enemy unit was right out side 1 city and in the direct path of where your unit wants to go. ./shrug it would be nice if they can do it.

You can set rally points with the right thumbstick. Click it once on a square to set that location. Then, the next time you're centered on a unit, click the thumbstick again and it automatically maps out a path to that square.

I agree with the OP - the endgame is really kinda bad when you have a lot of cities and you're spending 80% of every turn just jumping from city to city setting build orders. Not having the "Capitalization" build item from previous civs is one thing, but not even giving us advisors that will auto-select build choices is just a bad design choice imo.

You can set rally points with the right thumbstick. Click it once on a square to set that location. Then, the next time you're centered on a unit, click the thumbstick again and it automatically maps out a path to that square.

REALLY? Im calling my brother to test this right meow! (Insert Supertroopers)

Thanks Goofyballer.

Yeah, there's a rally point, but it's different from Civ IV. The units don't start automatically headed toward the rally point, you have to point them there.

Exact my point and the reason for the tread :)
I't would be easy to add "Convert/Sell production to/for gold/since" as option together with Build unit, Build wonder etc. (like Civ IV)

Posted the exact same thread about 2 weeks ago. Its a complete time killer in timed mathces online when you have to move the 10 new tank units every turn. Even worse when you have a barracks anda great leader making you pick the automatic upgrades which you select because otherwise you feel like your wasting a great oppurtunity.

Its the one thing that really drives me mad about the game.

I believe the militia units are the one that comes with a ship. All other units still gives you gold.

push R3 for ps3.

Top Bottom