Tech Tree Discussion

Civ isnt realism game but some people like immersion in game. C2C team include many realism elements in past and dont know why civ specific GP cant be included too.

But that would make civs who did not do much in our timeline miss out. What if I was playing as the Inuits? Should I get less great people just because there are very few great people of Inuit decent in real life?

C2C is civ creation simulator so every civ is/should be generic.

So Germans can belive in judaism and live in north america. Civ specific GP simply dont fits to generic civ idea.

So Germans can belive in judaism and live in north america.
Actually Albert Einstein was a German Jew who lived in North America. So till now everything is matching the reality. :lol: Ok, ok, he was a Jew, but a nonbeliever one.

Guess cultural requirement is a good compromise here.

I rather like the idea of specifying the culture and era on those GP names. Would just take restructuring the <Name> tag and going through and doing a thorough update on all the names (we get generic Great Whatever when there isn't any left that fit the situation.) To me this would assist in the game being a little more educational.

Not a light project for such a minor effect though.

But that would make civs who did not do much in our timeline miss out. What if I was playing as the Inuits? Should I get less great people just because there are very few great people of Inuit decent in real life?

this:
Sparth said:
As for the civs without great pepole (for example Paleo Indians) we can use our imagination. We have mammoths cannons why dont we got Paleo-Einstein

I rather like the idea of specifying the culture and era on those GP names. Would just take restructuring the <Name> tag and going through and doing a thorough update on all the names (we get generic Great Whatever when there isn't any left that fit the situation.) To me this would assist in the game being a little more educational.

Not a light project for such a minor effect though.
Take in consideration, that those XMLs, which I proposed is opening a doors for more advanced fetchers for GP in the future. If you think only about the current project, you often need to start working from the beginning, when you implement a new idea. But if you design things correctly and even overdo things at the beginning, it makes, you can do much more with it in the future, without the need of stating everything from a scratch each time.

To me this would assist in the game being a little more educational.
Civ2 was very educational for me. Its pedia/information entries were in much less graphically pleasant condition, but they somehow motivated me to read it. -- I miss it here.

Take in consideration, that those XMLs, which I proposed is opening a doors for more advanced fetchers for GP in the future. If you think only about the current project, you often need to start working from the beginning, when you implement a new idea. But if you design things correctly and even overdo things at the beginning, it makes, you can do much more with it in the future, without the need of stating everything from a scratch each time.
I agree completely... could work quite nicely with the changing leader project I'd had in mind down the road.

Very good idea, but it will be time consuming. We have like 2k Great People lol.

We can make up names too. Paleo-Enstein would be Wise Owl.

Every culture has literature about their history with their own great people , it's just not that we'll known by the average person . You can even use their gods.

Vikings use Loki for Spy.
Aztecs use that Serpentine God for Spy.
Eskimos the Killer Whale God for General, Narwal for Spy.
Greeks use Hermes for Spy, Persophene for Farmer.

Native American is easy. Engineer could be Busy Beaver (dams) or Father Crow (nests).

Very good idea, but it will be time consuming. We have like 2k Great People lol.
I can make a script for that. It could read great peoples we already have print their names and kinds, and after each person ask about their cultures and eras. -- Tech requirements still need to be discussed.

I think it would cut at least half of editing time.

I can make a script for that. It could read great peoples we already have print their names and kinds, and after each person ask about their cultures and eras. -- Tech requirements still need to be discussed.

I think it would cut at least half of editing time.

It would! It wouldn't take long to type in Civilization and Tech (Era is included in Technology Infos)

I'm sure someone who wanted to help mod but doesn't know XMLcan just type them in.

Eskimos the Killer Whale God for General, Narwal for Spy.

I am not 100% sure but I don't think there is a Killer Whale Inuit/Eskimo god/godess.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inuit_mythology

• Agloolik: evil god of the sea who could hurt boats by biting them; spirit which lives under the ice and helps wanderers in hunting and fishing.
  • Akna: mother goddess of fertility.
  • Amaguq: Wolf god who takes those foolish to hunt alone at night.
  • Anguta: gatherer of the dead; he carries them into the underworld, where they must sleep with him for a year.
  • Igaluk: the moon god and brother to the sun who chases her across the sky.
  • Nanook: (Nanuk in the modern spelling) the master of polar bears
  • Pinga: the goddess of the hunt, fertility and medicine
  • Qailertetang: weather spirit, guardian of animals, and matron of fishers and hunters. Qailertetang is the companion of Sedna.
  • Sedna: the mistress of sea animals. Sedna (Sanna in modern Inuktitut spelling) is known under many names, including Nerrivik, Arnapkapfaaluk, Arnakuagsak, and Nuliajuk.
  • Sila: personification of the air
  • Tekkeitsertok: the master of caribou

I think you are thinking about the Haida mythology. Which have myths like the Wasgo which is half orca and half bear or wolf and eats orcas.

(Wasgo eating an orca.)

I have no idea if there is a killer Whale God but that is a really good link.

So I have been wanting to have a bottleneck tech at the beginning of the Classical Era just like how the Ancient Era has a bottleneck at the beginning of it with Sedentary Lifestyle. So I am adding a tech called "Classical Lifestyle". It will require some key techs from the Ancient Era and lead to the beginning techs of the Classical Era.

Classical Lifestyle
Req Tech: Monarchy AND Writing AND Cuisine AND Central Heating

And the changes to existing techs ...

Military Training
Req Tech: Board Games AND Linguistics AND Classical Lifestyle

Mathematics
Req Tech: Board Games AND Classical Lifestyle

Currency
Req Tech: Classical Lifestyle

Alphabet
Req Tech: Linguistics AND Classical Lifestyle

Mail
Req Tech: Scriptures AND Linguistics AND Classical Lifestyle

Ship Building
Req Tech: Seafaring AND Classical Lifestyle

Meditation
Req Tech: Scriptures AND Classical Lifestyle

Road Building
Req Tech: Mathematics

Iron Working
Req Tech: Classical Lifestyle

Aristocracy
Req Tech: Caste System AND Falconry AND Classical Lifestyle

Code of Laws
Req Tech: Oratory AND Classical Lifestyle

Note all this has been pushed to the SVN plus some replacing of Classical techs to better locations.

Top Bottom