Stealing multiple workers from the same civ or cs

renton555

Warlord
Can someone explain to me how they're stealing more than a single worker from a city state? I imagine that it entails exploiting line of sight weaknesses and rough terrain.

For example: the city state is on a river, the worker has to cross the river to get from the city to the pillaged tile. you wait 2 moves from that pillaged tile in a place outside of the LOS of the city and any of his units. The worker tries to get to the pillaged tile, sees your unit but can't return. You take the second worker.

Is this how it works? Problem is I'll sit camped for 10 turns and he never sends a worker. Someone help pls.

You may wait 20+ turns without seeing a CS worker, but you have the basic idea. Frankly, I find it easier to get 2-3 workers from the AI (workers and settlers) than from a CS.

I only take from CS nowadays if I meet a militaristic or religious one before I meet any AI. In this case, I DoW them and remain at war with them for infinity, farming them for XP, stealing any workers they produce.

Usually it's best to steal from the AI as Browd says because they are a lot more careless/trusting.

The nice thing about stealing for a CS is that you can determine when you want to end the war, but people will get pissy about you going to war with CS's, and you can't do it too much. Also, it may be a while before they actually start using a worker. Stealing settlers from Civs is nice, because then it prevents them from building another city.

there's not a ton of point in stealing from CS, and stealing from AI is really good for crippling them early.

I'm curious at what difficulty you have to start stealing workers and settlers in bulk? It just feels extremely gamey and exploitive of the ai. Might as well have a cheat code to start with more workers, or prevent the ai from being allowed to build them until turn 50.

It's one of a bunch of exploitative things that are possible in Civ 5. The point of deity difficulty is that it allows the AI to cheat so hard that its difficult in spite of all the exploits. I see your point though and I think if you want an even-harder-than-deity challenge you could stipulate no worker stealing among other things.

Top Bottom