Shipyard

Wyrmshadow

Deity
A Steph request for an immobile ship hull still on the blocks. It took longer than I expected.

Shipyard

Because I don't wanna.
And I chose not to because then I'd have even more requests if I expand into other genres.
I have more models than I have time. So I chose not to pursue every cource at once.

That's true, since people can't refrain from requiring for more awerome units ~ :)
However, this unit will be very useful. :goodjob:

Because I don't wanna.
And I chose not to because then I'd have even more requests if I expand into other genres.
I have more models than I have time. So I chose not to pursue every cource at once.
I understand and accept your choice, but I can also regret it... Well not really because you use your time making other useful units.

Which is also why I have never made any Space or Star Trek type units. And I wont.

Those are excelent! Going to consider using the "hull" idea in my mod too.

I have to say my feelings are similar to Steph, seing those awesome hulls you made leaves me wishing you would do some more ancient ships, there's a need for them since there are also many mod makers focusing on ancient and medieval times for their mods.

We have a few fine sail ships. the Ship of the Line, an heavy Frigate..

Yes we have a great selection starting from the Age of Discovery period, and we also have a nice lineup of oriental ships, but we're lacking middle-eastern / indian (wont bother to mention african) for both ancient and medieval periods, and perhaps a few more ancient ships for the western civs.

Yes we have a great selection starting from the Age of Discovery period, and we also have a nice lineup of oriental ships, but we're lacking middle-eastern / indian (wont bother to mention african) for both ancient and medieval periods, and perhaps a few more ancient ships for the western civs.

There are a few great mid-east/african/arabian Units floating around CFC that I'm using in my mod:

Galleass (Used by mediterannean civs in the 14th to 16th centuries, especially north African Pirates, and the Turks):
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=79551&highlight=galley

Dhow (Used extensively in the Arab world, especially in the Red Sea, Persian Sea, and East Africa):
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=41777&highlight=dhow

These are both Early to Late Medieval period though. :p

aaglo, orthanc both have made fantastic sailing ships in the past. I chose not to because SAILS are either difficult or impossible for my tools to animate adequately. The only one I've attempted would be the HMS Warrior and that was very simple in the extreme when it comes to its sails.

Shouldn't you be studying for your diplomat exam instead of playing video games?

There are a few great mid-east/african/arabian Units floating around CFC that I'm using in my mod:

Galleass (Used by mediterannean civs in the 14th to 16th centuries, especially north African Pirates, and the Turks):
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=79551&highlight=galley

Dhow (Used extensively in the Arab world, especially in the Red Sea, Persian Sea, and East Africa):
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=41777&highlight=dhow

These are both Early to Late Medieval period though. :p

Thanks for the Links Da3dalus, I have those as well :) I guess the western world has no need of more medieval ships, and the orient is good too, but there are no middle-eastern equivalents for the many types of "age-of-discovery" ships, besides the Dow. Find myself having the give the western ships to the middle-eastern civs as well.

Not too sure, but I don't think that you are going to find any historically accurate Middle-Eastern or African 16th to 18th century sailing vessels. I don't believe that those cultures took a great interest in the age of sail. Your only exceptions would most likely be the Arab Dhow or the Gallivat, but the Galere also looks like it's design was influenced by the design of the Dhow. I found a link to a good website for sailing vessels to the time period here. Hope this helps.

Excellent ships there, and I agree that the old firaxis sailboats are a shame. I can understand that you don't want to branch out even more though. ;)

Not too sure, but I don't think that you are going to find any historically accurate Middle-Eastern or African 16th to 18th century sailing vessels. I don't believe that those cultures took a great interest in the age of sail. Your only exceptions would most likely be the Arab Dhow or the Gallivat, but the Galere also looks like it's design was influenced by the design of the Dhow. I found a link to a good website for sailing vessels to the time period here. Hope this helps.

Yea, I suppose you're right. Thats why fictional ships would be cool, like some did with meso american ships. Many of us make mods that start with ancient civs but then let them evolve into a "what-if they continued to exist", so it would be cool to have a strong unit lineup for civs like Assyrians or Babylonians.

Top Bottom