[GS] frigates stuck in city

KaptainK714

Warlord
so was lucky enough to get Venetian Arsenal and have completed 2 frigates but an enemy ironclad moved onto my shipyard same turn as frigates came online and i cant even fire on the ironclad much less move my ships.
any solution to this?

2 units of the same class can't occupy the same tile/space.

you have to delete one of them. the 2nd still won't be able to move (it's still blocked by the ironclad) but it should be able to fire.

don't allow any other naval units to complete their build in that city until you can egress the frigate.

While it IS true that 2 units of the same class cannot be in the same tile and take offensive action, I’ve had this happen very often to me with land units and all I had to do was move one of the units to another tile, NOT delete one of them.

Unless sea units have a different problem, do not delete any units… just move one of them !

2 units of the same class can't occupy the same tile/space.

you have to delete one of them. the 2nd still won't be able to move (it's still blocked by the ironclad) but it should be able to fire.

don't allow any other naval units to complete their build in that city until you can egress the frigate.

While it IS true that 2 units of the same class cannot be in the same tile and take offensive action, I’ve had this happen very often to me with land units and all I had to do was move one of the units to another tile, NOT delete one of them.

Unless sea units have a different problem, do not delete any units… just move one of them !
I still maintain that 1UPT is one of the more annoying features of Civ6 compared to Civ1,2, and 3.

an enemy ironclad moved onto my shipyard same turn as frigates came online and i cant even fire on the ironclad much less move my ships.

@tedhebert- you're right, a better option is to move one of the duplicated units, but the OP specified that he could not do this. Probably the only neighboring water tile is blocked by the enemy ironclad.

In such a situation your only option is to delete one of the units.

@tedhebert- you're right, a better option is to move one of the duplicated units, but the OP specified that he could not do this. Probably the only neighboring water tile is blocked by the enemy ironclad.

In such a situation your only option is to delete one of the units.

Or not move them and shift-enter your way past the turn.

This is one of those situations in which I would use Firetuner as a workaround. Clearly the design intent of the Wonder is being thwarted. I would delete one Frigate and place another in an empty tile nearby, or do that the next turn, or something.

I somehow got two rocket artillery armies stuck on a single tile island in my last game and I had to delete one. Pretty sure its just a bug that happens occasionally, but its really annoying when it happens.

Now there's a little tweak for Civ VII - Harbors can hold up to 3 ships like Carriers can hold up to 3 planes!
An interesting idea... but the Ironclad was occupying the Shipyard/Harbor.

Top Bottom