Questions about Shoshone

VladTepes

Clown Prince of Wallachia
What happens when you go to a ruin after you've exhausted all the choices?

Can you still acquire Faith Points through ruins? If so, is "acquire FP" not an option for the Sh. because of game balance (i.e. to stop the Shoshone from always being the first to found a Pantheon? -then again, would that be bad, as there are lots of remaining Pantheons?)

You can't get faith from ruins for a while (20 turns I think?) with any Civ. The option appears later.

When you choose an option, it isn't gone for good. I'm not certain if it's a certain number of turns or what, but the options reappear eventually. I played on a huge map as the Shoshone and managed to get 3 culture ruins and 4 tech, plus comp bows and a population.

Ruin bonuses reappear after several ruins, I think. Faith bonuses appear at turn 20 on standard pace.

You don't exhaust your choices, you get the full list again after 3 ruins I believe.

Yes you can still get faith points but you can't get them for the first 20 or 30 turns of the game, like every other civ.

You don't have to use them all up before you start over. It's more of a cooling off period before you can select it again.

If a goodie hut bonus won't appear randomly, it won't appear for the Shoshone as a choice. You can't get faith from a goodie hut in the first 20 turns, so you probably won't get the first pantheon. However, there's nothing stopping you from choosing faith after that.

So, how long does it take on Marathon to start getting fp from ruins?

Top Bottom