"You discover a crudely drawn map that outlines the area."

Better yet: How do you even find the ruins of 'ancient civilizations' during ancient times? Ancient ruins never made sense in the first place!

'Ancient' may be relative? Maybe it's like that scene at the end of the original planet of the apes, when Heston sees the ruined Statue of Liberty...

...but then I don't remember him suddenly becoming a spearman so maybe not.:)

(sorry to double post)

I just had an idea - joke suggetions for alternative ruins 'bonuses'.

"You discover the secret of...Agriculture"
"You discover a crudely-drawn map...of your own nation"
"You find hidden treasure....10 Euros"

(sorry to double post)

I just had an idea - joke suggetions for alternative ruins 'bonuses'.

"You discover the secret of...Agriculture"
"You discover a crudely-drawn map...of your own nation"
"You find hidden treasure....10 Euros"

"Your unit discovered new weapons and decided to use them, your warrior now carries axes"

I love the small music when you found a ruin, just this little sound makes the beginning of the game exciting, I really feel I discover the World.

Seems to me they should have done a rework of the ancient runes when they brought archaeology into the game... Bring back tribal huts at the begning and then use ancient ruins when archaeology is discovered for minor boosts. Maby reward other players going for non cultural related victory's for persueing the dig sites in a non culture related way. Maby award research points toward your next tech or a aritifact that a city state lost long ago that you can return for diplomacy rewards....

Vyv
(Still digging for the ark of the covenant with my Dr. Jones Archaeologist unit.)

Top Bottom