How to be embarked movement increased?

phucmaplun

Chieftain
Which are the ways that embarked movement is increased with Civilization V? I am playing with the Brave New World expansion.

What I would expect based on the tech tree and Civpedia is that Optics gives embarkment with 2 movement points, Astronomy increases to 3 movement points, and Steam Power increases to 4.

When I was playing with Austria recently, my embarked units have 4 moves, but I had not researched Steam Power. When I researched Steam Power, my embarked units had 5 moves.

I feel like I am missing something.

I did some searching for "Civilization V embarked movement", but I only found information that was either not updated for BNW, wasn't specific enough to explain what I saw, or wasn't any different than what the tech tree and Civpedia said.

I am playing with G&K and BNW, but no mods.

Entrepreneurship social policy (commerce tree) gives you +1 movement for embarked units (confirmed bug).

Opening exploration and/or building the Great Lighthouse gives units additional embarked movement, I think

Researching Steam Power also provides +1 embarked movement.

The Exploration opener in BNW only enhances movement and sight of naval units, not embarked units. To enhance movement of embarked units, you need Entrepreneurship (Commerce policy tree), as IronfighterXXX notes.

Ah, my mistake. I haven't opened exploration since the last time I played single player, and the last time I played single player I was probably using the superpower mod.

I think they left that in Civ 4

Does being the first to circumnavigate the globe get +1 movement?

It doesn't do anything now anymore. You just get a very brief message that shows up on screen for less than one second.

Top Bottom